Correct residence permit for doctoral studies

Make sure you have the correct residence permit during your doctoral period!

If you are going to study at a university in Sweden for longer than three months, you must have a residence permit. The permit must be in place before you travel to Sweden. Admitted doctoral students should have residence permit for doctoral studies.

If you have lived in Sweden and had a residence permit for doctoral studies for a total of four years over the past seven years, you can apply for a permanent residence permit. 

The Swedish Migration Agency Örebro:

Kindly report if you have problems with the Migration Agency to KI International Office