Courses by the Environment and Security unit
Within the Environment and Security unit, there are some courses provided for employees, with the aim of facilitating and ensuring that KI offers a safe and secure work environment.
The security covers both physical and local security.
We offer courses in the following areas:
The course is given once in the autumn in Solna (english) and once in the spring in Flemmingsberg (swedish). The course aims at providing basic knowledge about biosecurity and addresses all KI who work with, or will work in the future with microorganisms, genetically modified microorganisms and cells as well as human test materials. No specific prerequisites are required.
Notification will be made by mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Fire safety training has been procured in order to be able to offer the number of courses needed to meet KI’s needs. From autumn 2017, the Environment and Security Unit has centrally organized several courses that can be booked for you as a KI employee. You are responsible for your own booking/cancellation of the course date for "Basic Fire Education", paid by the Environment and Security Unit.
- Link to book Basic Fire Education course.
- Tailored basic fire safety training - more information about KI:s training within Fire safety
During the spring of 2019 KI started a new information security awareness program that replaced the previous e-learning. The new program will consist of multiple short lessons that are sent to your e-mail periodically. The lessons only take 2 - 5 minutes to complete and cover a number of different topics.
Chemical safety 2020 online
- KLARA Inventory 24/9 kl. 09:00 - 12:00 eng
- KLARA Inventory 24/9 kl. 13:00 - 16:00 swe
- KLARA Inventory 10/11 kl. 09:00 - 12:00 swe
- KLARA Inventory 10/11 kl. 13:00 - 16:00 eng
- KLARA Risk assessment 13/10 lecture kl. 09:00 - 12:00 swe
- KLARA Risk assessment 13/10 workshop kl. 13:30 - 15:00 swe/eng
- KLARA Risk assessment 13/10 workshop kl. 15:30 - 17:00 swe/eng
- KLARA Risk assessment 18/11 lecture kl. 09:00 - 12:00 eng
- KLARA Risk assessment 18/11 workshop kl. 13:30 - 15:00 eng/swe
- KLARA Risk assessment 18/11 workshop kl. 15:30 - 17:00 eng/swe
- Basic Laboratory safety (BLS)
- Basic work environment (GAM)
- Training in Work environment issues related to manager responsibilities, Module 3
- Laboratory safety introduction for new staff (Chrome does not work as webbrowser)
Environment and sustainability work
Hospital Physics provides radiation safety for hospital staff and to the Karolinska Institute.
The courses go through the laws and regulations governing radiation safety in healthcare, the rights and responsibilities you have as an employee as well as the dose limits that apply to public and staff. During the training, participants learn how to work in a radiopaque way.
For more information contact Disa Åstrand, tel: 08-517 706 15, e-mail: email@example.com. Times for the courses and registration see VO Hospital Physics Karolinska University Hospital.
Safety and security
More information for logged in staff
There is more information for those of you working in the following groups
- All KI staff