Affiliated to research
My main background is in the field of Clinical Neuropsychology and Psychology, with knowledge of brain neuroimaging.
My research is focused on Normal Aging and Neurodegenerative disease, such as Alzheimer's Disease (AD). I'm especially interested in the multidimensional and integrated study of cognitive, emotional, functional, and structural neuroimaging outcomes. The aim of this approach is to investigate if different patterns of behavioral, cognitive, or neurological changes during normal aging could precede a different pathway towards dementia. Currently, I´m affiliated as a researcher at the Division of Clinical Geriatrics.
- Brain changes in AD patients with surgically implanted Encapsulated Cells Releasing Nerve Growth Factor
- White matter lesion segmentation on a population-based cohort from Sweden
- Using Multivariate analysis to investigate patterns of cognitive decline and brain atrophy in a Normal and Healthy Aging cohort.
- 2010-2016. PhD in Psychology (Neuropsychology) (Universidad de La Laguna, Spain)
- 2011-2013. Master in Clinical and Health Psychology (Universidad de La Laguna, Spain)
- 2007-2009. Degree of Advances Studies in Biomedical and Clinical Research (Universidad de La Laguna, Spain)
- 2002-2007. Bachelor in Psychology (Universidad de La Laguna, Spain)