Assistant professor since September 2021 at the Division of Speech and Language Pathology, Department of Clinical Science, Intervention and Technology at the Karolinska Institutet (KI). Before that post doc at the same department and before that defended his PhD thesis in Psychology in 2016 at Stockholm university.
My main research interest is in how treatment effects should be evaluated based on clinical relevance and on an individual level in speech- and language therapy studies.
I collaborate, and mainly contribute with knowledge in research methods and statitics, in a number of research areas at the Division of Speech and Language Pathology, KI.
- Within the research area Early Development and Disorders of Speech, I am the principal driver in a systematic review, and meta-analysis, of the effectiveness of speech- and language pathology treatment for individuals born with a cleft lip and/or palate. I also collaborate in a project on screening for early speech disorders based on childrens babbling debute.
- On the Benefits of Speech-Language Therapy for Individuals Born With Cleft Palate: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis of Individual Participant Data https://doi.org/10.1044/2021_JSLHR-21-00367
- Within the research area Voice function and voice disorders, I collaborate in an international evaluation of feminizing voice therapy for transwomen. I mainly contribute with knowledge on evaluating treatment based on clinical relevance.
- Within the research area Speech and language disorders in adults, I am co-supervisor to doctoral student Ineke Samson who investigates the impact of stuttering on young females and males.
- Larger reported impact of stuttering in teenage females, compared to males – A comparison of teenagers’ result on Overall Assessment of the Speaker’s Experience of Stuttering (OASES) https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jfludis.2020.105822
- Within the research area Speech and language disorders in children and adolescents, I collaborate in a project evaluating the effects of language preeschools for children with developmental language delay. I also collaborate in a project on the diagnosis of children with apraxia of speech
- A preliminary validation of a dynamic speech motor assessment for Swedish-speaking children with childhood apraxia of speech https://doi.org/10.1080/14015439.2021.1943517
I also function as a resource in research methods and statistics at the Dvision of Speech and Language pathology, KI.
- Publikationer: 12 peer reviewed articles in international journals (2011-2022). Total citations 151. H-index: 5 (Web of Science, March 2022).
If you are a Swedish speaker, you can find recorded lectures on research methods and statistics and workshops for learning R here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1LoCHKBLThKefBBR8uQ7ujNYLolFnwl-gti6…. Ni får gärna dela länken fritt med kollegor, men säga gärna att allt är ”work-in-progress” och att de bör höra av sig om något krånglar eller verkar felaktigt.
Stockholm university nominate me, 2016, to Stiftelsen Längmanska kulturfondens Franke-stipendium as I on my own initiative and with passion contributed to develop coworkers and students knowledge in new statistical methods and software through seminars and the development of education.
I am the principal teacher on
- Statistics 1 (3 hp), First semeter at The Study Programme in Speech and Language Pathology
- Analysis- and testmethodology (3 hp), Third semeter at The Study Programme in Speech and Language Pathology
- Statistics 2 (4,5 hp), Fourth semeter at The Study Programme in Speech and Language Pathology
- Research methods (3 hp), Seventh semeter at The Study Programme in Speech and Language Pathology
- Research methods and statistics in speech and language pathology and audiology (7,5 hp), stand-alone course on masters level