Andrea del Valle
I am a diligent scientist with experience in delivering development projects through to GMP manufacturing. I am competent in ensuring projects are delivered to agreed quality standards, and timelines and in line with clinical expectations. Research Orientation: Nanotechnology research and pharmaceutical drug development for further application in cancer therapy and its translation to the industry.
--- Original, peer-reviewed papers, published ---
1. Bonilla, K., Romero-Oliva, C. S., Arrechea, S., Ortíz, N., Mazariegos, S., Alonzo, M., Orellana-Corrales, G., and del Valle, A.C. Engaging the Guatemala Scientific Diaspora: The power of networking and shared learning, Front. Res. Metr.
2. del Valle, A. C., Yeh, C.‐K., Huang, Y.‐F., Near Infrared‐Activatable Platinum‐Decorated Gold Nanostars for Synergistic Photothermal/Ferroptotic Therapy in Combating Cancer Drug Resistance, Adv. Healthcare Mater. 2020, 9, 2000864. (IF = 11.02, Q1) (Selected as a Cover Page) First Author.
3. del Valle, A. C., Su C.-K., Sun Y.-C., Huang Y.-F., NIR-cleavable drug adducts of gold nanostars for overcoming multidrug-resistant tumors, Biomater. Sci. 8 (7), 1934-1950. (IF=6.84, Q1) First Author.
4. Chang Y.-C., del Valle A. C., Yeh, H.-P., He, Y., Huang, Y.-F., Development of photo-activated ROS-responsive nanoplatform as a dual-functional drug carrier in combinational chemo-photodynamic therapy, Front Chem. 2019;6:647. (IF = 4.62, Q2).
5. Yeh, H.-P., del Valle, A. C., Syu, M.-C., Qian, Y., Chang, Y.-C., Huang, Y.-F., A new photosensitized oxidation-responsive nanoplatform for controlled drug release and photodynamic cancer therapy, ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces 2018, 10(25) (IF = 10.38, Q1) First Author.
6. Yue, H, del Valle, A. C., Qian, Y., Huang, Y.-F., Near infrared light-mediated enhancement of reactive oxygen species generation through electron transfer from graphene oxide to iron hydroxide/oxide, Nanoscale, 2017,9, 1559-1566. (IF =8.3, Q1).
7. Su, C.-K., Tseng, P.-J., Chiu, H.-T., del Valle, A. C., Huang, Y.-F., Sun Y.-C., Sequential enzymatic derivatization coupled with online microdialysis sampling for simultaneous profiling of mouse tumor extracellular hydrogen peroxide, lactate, and glucose, Analytica Chimica Acta 2016. 956. (IF= 5.99, Q1, 4/74).
8. Su, C.-K., Tseng, P.-J., Lin, M.-H., Chiu, H.-T., del Valle, A. C., Huang Y.-F., Sun Y.-C., Online open-tubular fractionation scheme coupled with push-pull perfusion sampling for profiling extravasation of gold nanoparticles in a mouse tumor model, J. Chromatogr. A, 2015, 1402. (IF= 3.810, Q1, 17 / 119).
9. Lin, K.-C., del Valle, C., Huang, Y.-F. Synthesis of gold@ iron oxide core-shell nanostructures via an electrochemical procedure, ECS Transactions 2014, 64, 77-81.
--- Book Chapters ---
1. Yue, H, del Valle, A. C., Huang, Y.-F., Cell-Specific Aptamers for Targeted Therapy, Book chapter, 1st ed. Springer, 2015. (Editors: Weihong Tan and Xiaohong Fang)
- 2020-2021: Post-Doctoral Researcher, National Tsing Hua University, Taiwan (drug development within a national Taiwanese initiative, responsible for wet-lab drug development and data presentation/marketing)
- 2014-2020: Ph.D. studies, Biomedical Engineering and Environmental Sciences, National Tsing Hua University, Taiwan. Thesis Topic: “Photo-Responsive Metal-Based Nanoparticles for Treatment of Multidrug-resistant Tumors”
- 2016 - 2018: Professional Certificate in Genetics and Genomics, Stanford University, USA
- 2010 – 2014: B.S. Biomedical Engineering and Environmental Sciences, National Tsing Hua University, Taiwan
-2022-Present: Secretary of the Swedish Network of Postdoc Association (SNPA), Sweden
-2022-Present: Chair of Karolinska Institutet Postdoctorate Association (KIPA), Sweden.
-2020-Present: Active Member of Organization for Women in Science for the Developing World (OWSD) Guatemala. Profile
- 2015-2018: Coordinator and Educator, Advanced Level Biology, Hsinchu International School, Taiwan (organizing laboratory visits, science fairs, and early career symposia)
- 2014-2016: Teaching Assistant, Biochemistry, National Tsing Hua University, Taiwan
Academic honours, awards and prizes
2019: Outstanding Student Oral Presentation Award. IADDS-BCRS meeting.
2017: Outstanding oral presentation award, isCEBT meeting, Tohoku University, Sendai, Japan
2015: Outstanding Poster Award, International Symposium on chemical and polyscale technologies. Taipei, Taiwan
2014-2018: National TsingHua University International Ph.D. Student Scholarship
2014: Taiwan’s Government Academic Award
2014: Chapin Forte Award for scientific discoveries, Donovan Werke Pharmaceuticals, Guatemala
2009-2014: Taiwan Scholarship Award