Alcohol and drug epidemiological research.
I am an Associate Professor of Public Health Science and currently PI of the program "Alcohol, tobacco and drug use: From predictors to policy and practice" funded by the Swedish Council for Working Life and Social Research. My research focuses on identifying predictors of adolescent alcohol and drug use, as well as on examining the long term consequences of use.
I am also involved in the Global Burden of Disease project, collecting and presenting alcohol and drug consumption data for Sweden, doing comparative studies between countries, and working in close collaboration with the Institute of Population Health Metrics, Seattle, US and with several alcohol and drug researchers in e.g. the Nordic countries. http://www.healthdata.org/
- Course leader/supervisor/examiner/teacher for Bachelor and Master course students in Public Health Science/Global Health 2013-ff
Associate Professor of Public Health Science, Karolinska Institutet, 2018
Doctoral education, Karolinska Institutet, PhD in Social medicine, 2011
Academic honours, awards and prizes
External research funding obtained as main applicant (last 5 years):
- Systembolagets Alkoholforskningsråd (SRA), 2018+2019+2020, Glasklart och iBAC: att mäta alkoholkonsumtion och behandla alkoholproblem
- Martin Rinds Stiftelse, 2018, Cannabis use: understanding pathways to other illicit drug use, drug use-related morbidity and dependence
- Forte, 2016, Alcohol, tobacco and drug use: From predictors to policy and practice
External research funding obtained as co-applicant (last 5 years):
- ALF, 2021, Pharmacological treatment of alcohol use disorders – who, where and with which long term outcomes?
- ALF, 2021, Betydelsen av en initial månads helnykterhet i behandling av alkoholberoende med inriktning på kontrollerat drickande: effekter på alkoholkonsumtion och hälsotillstånd vid kort- och långtidsuppföljning
- Forte, 2019, Alcohol dependence: level of consumption, severity of dependence, health status and treatment impact on long term outcomes
- Forte, 2019, Alcohol- and drug related disease burden in Nordic countries: Health achievements in view of policy changes
- Systembolagets Alkoholforskningsråd (SRA), 2017+2018. Alcohol misuse and Autism Spectrum Disorders: co-occurrence, treatment obstacles
- Forte 2017. Cannabis use among young people in Sweden – patterns, correlates and harm
- Forte 2017. Population-based studies of the incidence, prevalence and consequences of posttraumatic stress disorder in the changing demographic landscape of Sweden.