Affiliated to research
I am a registered nurse. For many years, I have been working in intensive care units in Region Stockholm. In 2013, I became doctor of medicine. Today, I am active as docent and research group leader in the research group of Anaesthesia and intensive care at Södersjukhuset: https://ki.se/kisos/anestesi. I am the main supervisor of three PhD students and the co-supervisor of five.
In general, my research interest is in the area of physical, psychological and cognitive recovery after acute life-threatening diseases. In most studies, I have used data from national and/or regional cohort studies, but I also have experiences in qualitative research.
- Docent in Nursing, 2021, Karolinska Institutet
- PhD in Clinical Medical Science, 2013, Karolinska Insitutet. Thesis: Physical and psychological problems after critical illness: prediction, detection and treatment. Main supervisor: MD Peter Sackey
- MSc Clinical Medical Science 2012, Karolinska Institutet
- BSc Care Science, 2001, Uppsala
- Specialist nurse, 1997, Göteborg
- Registered nurse, 1993, Östersund
Academic honours, awards and prizes
Patient safety awards, Stockholm County Council, in 2012 and 2015. Awards for excellent patient-centered work, Karolinska University Hospital and Stockholm County Council in 2011