Affiliated to research
I am a registered nurse. For many years, I have been working in an intensive care unit at Karolinska University Hospital Solna, where I also started up a follow-up clinic for intensive care unit survivors. In 2013, I became doctor of medicine. Today, I am active as a postdoc in the research group Surgical Care Science. I am the main supervisor for one PhD student and the co-supervisor for three PhD students.
In general, my research interest and previous research are in the area of physical, psychological and cognitive recovery after acute life-threatening diseases. My current research focuses on health-related quality of life after esophageal cancer surgery. I primarily conduct studies using data from national cohort studies.
- PhD in Clinical Medical Science, 2013, Karolinska Insitutet. Thesis: Physical and psychological problems after critical illness: prediction, detection and treatment. Main supervisor: MD Peter Sackey
- MSc Clinical Medical Science 2012, Karolinska Institutet
- BSc Care Science, 2001, Uppsala
- Specialist nurse, 1997, Göteborg
- Registered nurse, 1993, Östersund
Academic honours, awards and prizes
Patient safety awards, Stockholm County Council, in 2012 and 2015. Awards for excellent patient-centered work, Karolinska University Hospital and Stockholm County Council in 2011