To understand the therapeutical importance of TRAP/ACP5 in Bone formation and Cancer Metastasis using animal models and cutting edge molecular biology techniques.
I am a PhD Student in the Windahl group , Division of Pathology, Department of Laboratory Medicine.
Before starting my PhD I have worked at KI and diagnostic industry sector in Sweden for 2 years.
I was awarded the India graduate scholarship to study for and complete my Master of Science in Molecular Medicine with a specialization in experimental medicine (2017-2018) from the University of Sheffield, UK.
In India, I completed my Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Medical Biotechnology (2013-2017) at the Amity Institute of Biotechnology, Amity University Uttar Pradesh.
I’m working with different animal models (mice and zebrafish) and molecular biology techniques trying to gain a better understanding of The role of TRAP/ACP5 for bone development, maintenance and cancer metastasis. The overall aim is to investigate TRAP as a therapeutic target increasing the beneficial effects of loading on bone and for reducing the risk of metastases to bone.
- B.Sc. Biomedicine – Tissue biology- Autumn 2021. (Lab supervisor)
- BMA- Cell and Molecular biology- Autumn 2021. (Lab supervisor)
- B.Sc. Biomedicine - Pathology- Spring 2022. (Lab supervisor)
- BMA- Cell and Molecular biology- Autumn 2022. (Lab supervisor)
- BMA- Cell and Molecular biology- Autumn 2023. (Lab supervisor)
Research/ Laboratory Training:
- Martina Frattini - BSc. Biomedicine student (University of Pavia) 2022
- Laura Bock - MSc. Biomedicine Student (Medizinische Hochschule Hannover) 2023
Advanced Course in Immune, Infection and Tumour Biology - Department of Microbiology, Tumour and Cell Biology - Karolinska Institutet (2020-2020)
MSc Molecular Medicine – Department of Infection, Immunity and Cardiovascular Disease at Royal Hallamshire Hospital , University of Sheffield (2017 – 2018)
BSc (Hons) Medical Biotechnology – Amity Institute of Biotechnology, Amity University Uttar Pradesh (2013 – 2017)
Academic honours, awards and prizes
- India Graduate scholarship to study at University of Sheffield