Medical doctor, specialist in social medicine. Joint employment as professor at Karolinska institutet and senior consultant at the Centre for epidemiology and community health, Region Stockholm.
Leader of the research group Equity and Health Policy, and the unit for equity in health at Region Stockholm.
My main focus is on equity in health, health care and in the social and economic consequences of disease, and on health in disadvantaged groups. These issues are studied locally, nationally and in international comparative studies including analyses of the impact of policies.
Some research projects
- Equity aspects of the choice reform in primary care in Region Stockholm (Forte)
- EURO-HEALTHY on policies to reduce inequalities in health in Europe (EU/Horizon 2020)
- Social inequalities in aging on inequalities in health care utilization among elderly persons in the Nordic countries (NordForsk)
- THRIVE on inequalities in extending working lives (EU Joint Programme Initiative/Forte)
- Effects of expanded home visiting to first-time parents in Rinkeby (Public Health Agency of Sweden). Assignments from Region Stockholm on equity aspects of changes in reimbursement systems in primary care.
I participate in the teaching in social medicine of medical students in the first and last semester of the medical programme. I lecture in different courses within the Master of Public Health programme, supervise and examine master theses. I am responsible for a PhD course on Social Determinants of Health.