I am the Director and Deputy Head of Aging Research Center (ARC), where I've been working as a researcher since 2004. I currently have a position as Senior Lecturer within the Social Gerontology unit.
I am the Director and Deputy Head of Aging Research Center (ARC), where I've been working as a researcher since 2004. I currently have a position as Senior Lecturer within the Social Gerontology unit at ARC.
Before joining ARC, I was working as a Junior Lecturer at the Swedish Institute for Social Research at Stockholm University. This is also where I conducted my PhD studies in Sociology. As of 2009 I'm an Associate Professor in Sociology.
Besides doing research, my work at ARC entails being the Principal Investigator for the SWEdish Panel Study of Living Conditions of the Oldest OLD (SWEOLD). SWEOLD is a longitudinal, nationally representative, interview survey of the oldest old in Sweden.
My scientific research within the age and ageing areas is wide-ranging and can be categorized within the following areas:
- Health status and health changes
- Intergenerational transfers and support
- Health and health inequalities in late-life
- Social and economic living conditions
- Social participation and loneliness
- Long-term health effects of extending working life: Effects of raising lower and upper pension eligibility ages on
A further focus of my research is the methodological challenges involved in studying the oldest old.
- Associate Professor 2009 Associate Professor, Sociology, Stockholm University
- PhD 2001 PhD, Sociology, Stockholm University
- BSc 1991 BSc in Behavioural research with advanced studies in sociology, Stockholm University