- I am a board-certified specialist in paediatrics with a special interest in vaccination epidemiology, health communication and health care system development.
- I am a PhD student at the Department for Women's and Children's Health since 2015. I completed my half time seminar in November 2019.
- I work as a paediatrician at the advanced paediatric home care section at Astrid Lindgren's Children's hospital.
- I also run one of Sweden's leading paediatric information sites www.barnakuten.nu and will in 2020 publish Parenthood the Swedish Way - a science-based to pregnancy, birth and infancy. (Scribe publications).
My PhD project is conducted as a collaboration project between Karolinska Institutet and the Public Health Agency of Sweden. Associate professor Anna Nilsson is my main supervisor and my co-supervisors are PhD epidemiologist Malin Kark and associate professor Adam Roth The project aims at:
- validating the Swedish Vaccination Register
- determining socioeconomic and medical risk factors for incomplete and untimely vaccination among Swedish infants
- evaluating what effect incomplete or untimely vaccination will have on infectious disease morbidity in a high-coverage setting.
Publications related to my PhD project:
Chrapkowska C, Galanis I, Kark M, Lepp T, Lindstrand A, Roth A, Nilsson A
Bernice Aronsson, Cecilia Chrapkowska Florén, Margrethe Greve-Isdahl, Ann Lindstrand, Hanne Nøkleby, Øystein Riise, Jann Storsæter, Didrik F. Vestrheim, Sara Viksmoen Watle. Folkehelseinstituttet. Rapport 03.2018. ISBN (elektronisk): 978-82-8082-909-2. Tilgjengelig på www.fhi.no
Diverse effects on vaccine-specific serum IgG titres and memory B cells upon methotrexate and anti-TNF-α therapy in children with rheumatic diseases: A cross-sectional study. Ingelman-Sundberg HM, Laestadius Å, Chrapkowska C, Mördrup K, Magnusson B, Sundberg E, Nilsson A Vaccine 2016 Mar;34(10):1304-11
Cyclooxygenase-2 polymorphisms in Parkinson's disease. Håkansson A, Bergman O, Chrapkowska C, Westberg L, Belin AC, Sydow O, Johnels B, Olson L, Holmberg B, Nissbrandt H Am. J. Med. Genet. B Neuropsychiatr. Genet. 2007 Apr;144B(3):367-9
Presentations at international scientific meetings:
Challenges in using the newly established Swedish Vaccine Register for surveillance and research purposes – data completeness and reporting methods
Chrapkowska C, Kark M, Lepp T, Galanis I, Roth A, Nilsson A
Oral presentation (accepted with top score)
Congress: ESPID 2019, Ljubljana, Slovenien 2-6/5 2019
Safety aspects of vaccination of premature infants against pertussis and pneumococci – a rapid systematic review with focus on apnea, bradycardia and desaturation
Chrapkowska C, Aronsson B, Lindstrand A, Johansson A-L, Viksmoen Watle S, Storsaeter J
Presentationstyp: Oral presentation of e-poster
Congress: ESPID 2018, Malmö, Sverige 29/5-2/6 2018
Lecture ”Infant vaccinations” for paediatric residents, Astrid Lindgren's Children's Hospital Solna 2019
Lecture ”Allergies in children” for residents in family medicine in western Stockholm 2019
Clinical instructor paediatric course for medical students jan-jun 2013
Lecture about the Swedish National Immunisation Programme Barnveckan (Yearly meeting for Swedish Pediatricians and pediatric specialist nurses) 2015 and 2016
Lecture ” Perinatal infections” Elective course for medical students in perinatology, KI, 2014-2015
- Karolinska Institutet/Stockholm County Research School for Clinicians in Epidemiology, 2016-2018
- Board Certified Specialist in Pediatrics, 2016
- PhD student, Department for Children’s and Women’s health, Karolinska Institutet, 151006-
- Board certified, 2010
- MD, Sahlgrenska Academy, Gothenburg University, 220 p (330 ECTS), 2000-2007