Christine Delisle Nyström
I am an Assistant Professor and Docent in Nutrition at the Department of Biosciences and Nutrition. I am also an affiliated researcher at the School of Exercise and Nutrition Sciences, Faculty of Health, Deakin University, Melbourne, Australia (2019 – 2023).
My research focuses on two areas: (i) the prevention of childhood overweight and obesity from a young age focusing on interventions and (ii) surveillance of lifestyle behaviours in early childhood.
Current projects in the prevention of overweight and obesity:
- INFANT-Swe (funded by Forte, PI): To date, there has been a lack of interventions starting in infancy, thus, through my collaboration with Professor Kylie Hesketh at Deakin University I am investigating how INFANT can be adapted for a Swedish context.
- MINISTOP 3.0 (funded by Cancerfonden, PI): Is a hybrid type III implementation-effectiveness trial focusing on the large-scale implementation and real-world effectiveness of MINISTOP. Data collection for this project is planned to begin in August 2022.
- MINISTOP Plus Program (funded by Region Halland, co-PI): Is a pilot randomized controlled trial where are investigating the efficacy and feasibility of the MINISTOP Plus Program in pre-school children with overweight and obesity. Data collection for this project will be initiated in September 2022.
- Saga Stories in health talks (funded by Cancerfonden, co-PI): Data collection for this project was initiated in February 2022. Using a type I implementation effectiveness trial we aim to evaluate the effectiveness of a health promotion talk (Saga Stories in health talks) on parental self-efficacy, key dietary indicators, and screen time as well as evaluate various implementation outcomes.
Surveillance of lifestyle behaviours:
- Sunrise Sweden (Co-PI): The overall aim of this study is to monitor the new WHO Global Guidelines for physical activity, sedentary behaviour, and sleep for children under five years of age. I led the pilot study which was conducted in 2019 and data collection is currently being conducted for the main study.
- Generation Pep Study: I am involved in planning the objective measures for the Generation Pep study.
Currently, my teaching is primarily in the Master’s Program in Nutrition Science at Karolinska Institutet and in Bachelor’s Program in Nutrition at Stockholm University in collaboration with the Department of Biosciences and Nutrition. I am a course leader and examiner as well as have experience in curriculum and program development.
- Summative Assessment (2 credits), Karolinska Institutet, 2022
- Teaching and Learning in Higher Education (5 credits), Karolinska Institutet, 2021
- Introductory Doctoral Supervision (1 credit), Karolinska Institutet, 2021
Docent in nutrition, Karolinska Institutet, 2022
PhD in Medical Science, Karolinska Institutet, 2017
Master of Science in Nutrition, Stockholm University, 2014
Bachelor of Science (Major: Human Nutritional Science), University of Manitoba (Canada), 2011