Christine Takami Lageborn
I am a PhD student in psychiatric epidemiology at the Department of Medical Epidemiology and Biostatistics and a medical doctor currently specializing in psychiatry. I have a background in journalism working as a reporter and editor for newspapers and for a new agency. In recent years, I have worked part-time as a columnist.
My research is based on Swedish national registers and concerns suicide, higher education, bipolar disorder, and somatic as well as social outcomes related to bipolar disorder. For my degree project in medicine, I investigated morbidity and mortality in persons with chronic liver disease exposed to statins, angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors, or angiotensin receptor blockers. In the future, I am interested in investigating comorbidities between somatic and psychiatric conditions combining both clinical and register-based epidemiological research.
- PhD student, Department of Clinical Neuroscience and Department of Medical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Karolinska Institutet since 2017
- Psychiatry resident since 2021
- Research internship (Forskar-AT) 2018-2021
- Medical programme, Karolinska Institutet 2010-2017
- Work as a journalist/editor 2005-2010
- Journalism and multimedia program, Södertörn University (2001-2005)
Academic honours, awards and prizes
- Research internship (Forskar-AT) – Karolinska institutet. Financial support for 12 months of research during medical internship.
- CSTP – Clinical Scientist Training Programme. A grant previously available for application to students at Karolinska Institutet.
- Highly commended in Medical Sciences, Undergraduate Awards (international).
- Diploma for best degree project (2016), Karolinska institutet.