Research focus on interventions at the societal level to increase physical activity and health in children and adults. Great interest in preschool/school physical activity and health related policies.
Main supervisor for 3 doctoral students.
- A randomized controlled trial, in collaboration with the City of Stockholm, investigating the effects of implementing physical activity policies in 124 preschools on >3.000 preschoolers' physical activity levels
- An intervention, in collaboration with the City of Stockholm, investigating the effects of schoolyard reconstructions on approximately 3.000 school children's physical activity levels and wellbeing
- An intervention investigating the effects of a 10-week exercise program on asylum seekers' physical fitness and wellbeing
- Observational registry-based studies on early life determinants (e.g., cardiorespiratory fitness) of future health outcomes
Medical program, Karolinska Institutet semester 1 and 11
>700 hours of education 2012-2019
Course leader for a PhD course at Karolinska Institutet (obesity in man), 2017-2018
Degree of Doctor, Medical Sciences
Thesis defense 2014-12-11, Department of Public Health Sciences, Karolinska Institutet
2004 - 2005: English, Stockholm University, Sweden
2005 - 2010: Master degree in Biomedicine, Karolinska Institutet, Sweden
2009: Master thesis ”Assessing anticancer drug effects in multicellular spheroids and in vivo; combination treatment, problems with penetration and re-growth of tumor cells”
Academic honours, awards and prizes
GRANTS (MAIN APPLICANT)
- 2013 Fernströms Stiftelse Karolinska Institutet, 45.000 SEK. For epigenetic analyses comparing differences in the methylome between siblings born before and after maternal bariatric surgery.
- 2015 Fernströms Stiftelse Karolinska Institutet, 60.000 SEK. For analysis of raw accelerometer data on physical activity and sedentary behavior.
- 2015 NFV (Research School of Caring Sciences) Karolinska Institutet. Funding for a PhD student 2016-2020. 1.128 000 SEK.
- 2015 VR (Scientific Council). Has a dissonance-based psychosocial intervention effects on obese women’s quality of life, eating behavior, physical activity and sedentary behavior of obese women after Roux-en-Y gastric bypass surgery? Qualitative and quantitative studies. 2.100 000 SEK.
- 2016 ALF (Stockholm County Council) Has a dissonance-based psychosocial intervention effects on obese women’s quality of life, eating behavior, physical activity and sedentary behavior of obese women after Roux-en-Y gastric bypass surgery? 400.000 SEK.
- 2017. Centrum för Idrottsforskning (CIF). Physical activity throughout the school day: a pilot randomized controlled trial. 165.000 SEK.
- 2018. ALF (Stockholm County Council). Effects on quality of life and physical activity: a randomized post-surgery dissonance-based intervention for obese women treated by Roux-en-Y gastric bypass. 600.000 SEK
- 2018. Centrum för Idrottsforskning (CIF). Physical activity throughout the school day and its effect on academic performance: a pilot study. 150.000 SEK
PhD-Supervision 3 students as main supervisor and 2 students who have defended their thesis