PhD student with an interest in promoting healthy habits in pregnant women
I am a nutritionist and PhD student. My research interests include promotion of healthy habits (diet and physical activity) during pregnancy through mHealth tools. I'm currently a PhD student at Linköping University, supervised by Professor Marie Löf, and I am also affiliated to Karolinska Institutet, where I am a part of the IMPACT research group led by Professor Marie Löf.
During my PhD I have been working with the HealthyMoms trial, where a smartphone app was evaluated as a tool to promote healthy habits during pregnancy (physical activity, healthy eating behaviors and gestational weight gain) in healthy pregnant women. I have also worked with how the HealthyMoms app can be adapted and translated to support women speaking other languages than Swedish (e.g. Arabic and Somali). Additionally, I am working with the SPARK project, where patients diagnosed with gestational diabetes receive a smartphone app with support for healthy habits to manage their blood glucose levels as a part of their treatment. Before my PhD project I was involved with the SCAMPI project, where we evaluated a smartphone app as a support for active transportation (i.e. walking and biking).
Since 2018 I have been involved in several teaching activities at KI including e.g.:
- Workshop in assessing total energy expenditure, Bachelor's program in Nutrition
- Lecture about mHealth interventions (HealthyMoms, SCAMPI), Masters program in Nutrition
- Lecture about nutrient- and energy needs in pregnancy, Bachelor's program in Nutrition
- Assisting course examiner for bachelor theses, Bachelor's program in Nutrition
I have also been involved in teaching activities at the medical program at Linköping University 2019-2021
- PhD 2019 - ongoing, Linköping University
- Masters' programme in Nutrition 2016-2018, Stockholm University in collaboration with BioNut, Karolinska Institutet
- Bachelor degree in Nutrition 2013-2016, Stockholm University in collaboration with BioNut, Karolinska Institutet