I work as an Alliance Manager for partnerships between academia and industry.
My main role is supporting KI researchers in establishing and maintaining different types of collaborations with our corporate partners.
I have a PhD in Medical Sciences from Karolinska Institutet with a focus on pharmacology of cytostatic drugs in patients with hematological malignancies following conditioning regimens prior to HSCT.
My research was around studying the pharmacology of Busulphan, a cytostatic drug used in conditioning treatment prior to HSCT, and understanding the side effects such as hepatotoxicity and neurotoxicity manifested in patients with hematological malignancies.
- Vitamin D levels and busulphan kinetics in patients undergoing hematopoietic stem cell transplantation, a multicenter study. Bone Marrow Transplant. El-Serafi A, He R, Zheng W, Benkossou F, Oerther S, Zhao Y, Mellgren K, Gustafsson B, Heilmann C, Kanerva J, Lotfi K, Toporski J, Sundin M, Höglund M, Mattsson J, El-Serafi I, Hassan M.2021 Apr;56(4):807-817. doi: 10.1038/s41409-020-01091-y. Epub 2020 Oct 21. PMID: 33087877.
- The effect of N-acetyl-l-cysteine (NAC) on liver toxicity and clinical outcome after hematopoietic stem cell transplantation. El-Serafi I, Remberger M, El-Serafi A, Benkessou F, Zheng W, Martell E, Ljungman P, Mattsson J, Hassan M. Sci Rep. 2018 May 29;8(1):8293. doi: 10.1038/s41598-018-26033-z. PMID: 29844459; PMCID: PMC5974141.
- Rapid and Robust Quantification of p-Xyleneselenocyanate in Plasma via Derivatization Zheng W, Benkessou F, Twelkmeyer B, Wang S, Ginman T, Ottosson H, Abedi-Valugerdi M, Subirana MA, Zhao Y, Hassan M.Anal Chem. 2017 Jul 18;89(14):7586-7592. doi: 10.1021/acs.analchem.7b01426. Epub 2017 Jul 5.PMID: 28640579
- Differential effects of low-dose fludarabine or 5-fluorouracil on the tumor growth and myeloid derived immunosuppression status of tumor-bearing mice. Abedi-Valugerdi M, Zheng W, Benkessou F, Zhao Y, Hassan M. Int Immunopharmacol. 2017 Jun;47:173-181. doi: 10.1016/j.intimp.2017.04.006. Epub 2017 Apr 12. PMID: 28411578.
- Quantification of dimethylacetamide and its primary metabolite monomethylacetamide in plasma using robust LC-MS method.. Benkessou, F., El-Serafi, I., Twelkmeyer, B., Abedi-Valugerdi, M., & Hassan, M. (2016). Journal of Analytical and Bioanalytical Techniques, 7, 327-334.