- Postdoc, Department of Medicine Solna, Karolinska Institutet
- Medical internship combined with research funding (Forskar-AT), Karolinska University Hospital and Karolinska Institutet
- Region Stockholm/Karolinska Institutet (research internship position)
- Swedish Physicians Against AIDS Foundation
- Tore Nilsons Stiftelse för Medicinsk Forskning
I did my doctoral thesis on factors associated with HIV susceptibility in the female in the female genital tract. We studied how female sex hormones, seminal plasma and living in an HIV-serodiscordant relationship affect the female genital mucosa. My current research is focused on how female sex hormones, both endogenous and exogenous such as when using hormonal contraceptives, as well as the genital microflora affects the genital mucosa. Hopefully, this knowledge can aid in developing preventative measures to decrease the spread of HIV, such as vaccines or microbicides, as well as contributing to the development of safe hormonal contraceptives.
- 2016 - Medical degree, Karolinska Institutet
- 2020- PhD, Department of Medicine Solna, Karolinska Institutet