- PhD-student, Department for Medical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Karolinska Institutet
- Resident in pediatrics, Astrid Lindgren Children's Hospital, Solna
With my PhD-project I will 1) study to connection between maternal stress during pregnancy and asthma and food allergy development in the children in two separate studies; 2) estimate food allergy and psychiatric comorbidity in children and 3) evaluate treatment of asthma in children.
I will perform a population-based study including all children born in Sweden 1973-2021 (Appeasing the wheezing | Karolinska Institutet (ki.se)). Unambiguous linkage between registers held by the Swedish National Board of Health and Welfare and Statistics Sweden through the Personal Identity Number. From The Swedish Twin Registry I will get information about food allergies, and we link to The Swedish National Airway Register. Within the study MAESTRO-CHILD (MAESTRO - Maternal Asthma Events, STRess and Offspring | Karolinska Institutet (ki.se)) I will collect questionnaires, saliva- and blood samples.
The aim of the project is to fill the knowledge gaps in causes to and treatment of food allergy and asthma, two common and chronic diseases in children. Maternal stress during pregnancy and stress in the families with food allergy is common, but it is unknown if the relation can be explained by shared genes or environment, or how it affects the health of child in the long term. Results will be of great clinical importance and have the potential to identify factors which may affect not only outcomes, but also compliance and consumption of all levels of health care.
- Clinical supervisor to medical students during the pediatric course, semester 10, Karolinska Institutet
- 2016 - Medical degree, Karolinska Institutet
- 2018 - Medical licence, Karolinska University Hospital, Solna