The fundamental cellular processes we are focusing on are mechanisms by which cells degrade proteins, with focus on Autophagy. Our aim is to understand the complexity of various degradation systems and its explicit interactions and mechanisms, with the ultimate goal to understanding how pathogenic proteins can be eliminated from the cells. In particular our research focuses on degradation of oncogenic protein in relation to cancer biology.
Currently, our main focus is on the following overarching projects:
1. The regulation, function and target(s) of DUBs in cancer.
2. The role of Chaperone-mediated Autophagy in cancer.
3. Dissecting the mechanism of oncogenic cargo selectivity.
Yuqing Hao, PhD, PostDoc,
Merve Kacal, Msc, PhD student.
Tingting YU, PhD, Visiting researcher.
Davide Chiesi, Master's Student.
- PostDoctoral researchers
We are seeking for a highly motivated, creative and innovative postdoctoral scientist to work on Chaperone-mediated Autophagy.
We welcome applications from well-qualified Masters students.
Dr. Amanda T. Ouchida
Dr. Gorbatchev Ambroise
Dr. Mathilda Eriksson
Dr. Adi Zheng
Dr. Tao Cui
Msc. Kristin Uth
1. Systematic analysis reveals a functional role for STAMBPL1 in the epithelial-mesenchymal transition process across multiple carcinomas. Ambroise G, Yu TT, Zhang B, Kacal M, Hao Y, Queiroz AL, Ouchida AT, Lindskog C, Norberg E, Vakifahmetoglu-Norberg H. Br J Cancer. 2020 Jul 8.
2. Targetome Analysis of Chaperone-Mediated Autophagy in Cancer Cells. Hao Y, Kacal M, Ouchida AT, Zhang B, Norberg N, Vakifahmetoglu-Norberg H. Autophagy. 2019 Sep;15(9):1558-1571
3. USP10 regulates the stability of the EMT-transcription factor Slug/SNAI2. Ouchida AT, Kacal M, Zheng A, Ambroise G, Zhang B, Norberg E, Vakifahmetoglu-Norberg H. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2018 Aug 25;502(4):429-434
4. Resistant to Targeted Therapy - Aim for Metabolic Liabilities.Queiroz AL, Vakifahmetoglu-Norberg H, Norberg E. Theranostics 2018; 8(7): 2061-2063
5. The effect of Mutant p53 Proteins on Glycolysis and Mitochondrial Metabolism. Eriksson M, Ambroise G, Ouchida AT, Queiroz AL, Smith D, Gimenez-Cassina A, Iwanicki MP, Muller PA, Norberg E, Vakifahmetoglu-Norberg H. Mol Cell Biol. 2017 Nov 28;37(24)
6. PHGDH Defines a metabolic subtype in lung adenocarcinomas with poor prognosis.Zhang B, Zheng A, Hydbring P, Ambroise G, Ouchida AT, Goiny M, Vakifahmetoglu-Norberg, H*, Norberg E*. Cell Reports 2017 Jun 13;19(11):2289-2303. * Co-corresponding
7. Degradation of HK2 by Chaperone-Mediated Autophagy promotes Metabolic Catastrophe and Cell Death. Xia X, Najafov A, Geng J, Han X, Galan-Acosta L, Shan B, Zhang, Norberg N, Zhang, Pan L, Liu, Coloff JL, Ofengeim D, Zhu H, Wu, Cai, Yates J, Yuan J, Vakifahmetoglu-Norberg H. Journal of Cell Biology. 2015 Aug 31;210(5):705-16.