I have received my PhD at Karolinska Institute in the field of Epigenetics and Bioinformatics under the supervision of Professor Karl Ekwall.
My first post-doctoral work at Department of molecular Biochemistry and Biophysics was guided by Professor Sten Linnarsson and Professor Ptrik Ernfors where I was involved in analyzing high-throughput sequencing data such as RNAseq, miRNA and Single-cell RNA sequencing.
My second post-doctoral work at the Department of Biosciences and Nutrition in the "Estrogen signaling research group" headed by Professor Karin Dahlman-Wright.
After finishing my postdoctoral work I have worked as a Bioinformatics Researcher in close collaboration with the Strategic Research Programme in Diabetes (SRP) and the Karolinska Institute core facility for Bioinformatics and Expression Analysis (BEA, www.bea.ki.se).
At present I am working as a Senior Bioinformatics Researcher at Childhood Cancer Research Unit; Department of Women's and Children's Health, KI.
My present research focuses is the use of data science and analytics to better understand the causes and patterns of childhood cancers.
- Involved in teaching for a Bachelors course (2016 - 2021) titled “Genetics, genomics and functional genomics”.
- Involved in teaching for a PhD course (2013 - 2019) titled “High throughput functional genomic technologies in biomedical research”. (http://kiwas.ki.se/katalog/katalog/kurs/1460)
- Organized a course for PhD students and post-docs at Karolinska Institutet, titled “A combination of in vivo and in silico methods to determine genome-wide protein targets” in 2014. (http://kiwas.ki.se/katalog/katalog/kurs/1757)
- Worked as a teaching assistant (part time) in Södertörns Högskola, Huddinge, Sweden (2004 - 2010). The job responsibility was to design and teach Bioinformatics and proteomics for master’s level courses.
- Co-supervised a PhD student who graduated recently as well as co-supervised several masters’ students.
PhD in Cell & Molecular Biology with specialization in Epigenetics and Bioinformatics, Department of Biosciences and Nutrition, Karolinska Institutet, Sweden. Dissertation Title: Genome-wide patterns of histone modifications in fission yeast (http://diss.kib.ki.se/2010/978-91-7409-747-4/).
M.Sc. in Analytical Chemistry from Calcutta University, India.
Academic honours, awards and prizes
Novo Nordisk Foundation conference grant and Karolinska Institutet travel grant for “Copenhagen Bioscience Conference: Metabolism in Action - lifetime influence of genes and environment” in October 2017.
International Conference on Biotechnology & Bioinformatics (ICBB-2014) “Young Investigator Award” in February 2014.
100,000 SEK from Postgraduate program in Developmental Biology and Cellular Signaling (DECS) for running a course for PhD students Titled “A combination of in vivo and in silico methods to determine genome-wide protein targets” at Karolinska Institutet in the year 2013.
The prestigious Strategic Research Programme in Diabetes (SRP) post-doctoral research fellowship in 2012.
A travel award from The Chromatin Plasticity Network to attend Computational and Statistical Aspects of MicroArray Analysis (CSAMA08) June 15-20, 2008 in Bressanone, Italy.
Södertörns högskola (Södertörn University College) PhD Study grant to perform the PhD study at Karolinska Institutet from 2005-2010.