My main research interest is the aging-related frailty syndrome and epigenetics and genetics of aging. I’m also conducting research into aging biomarkers, such as the epigenetic clock, cell-free DNA and inflammatory markers, and interested in studying how they operate at different stages of human aging.
For a more detailed description of my current research please visit my project page:
• Examining the longitudinal relationship between DNA methylation and development of the frailty syndrome
• Analyzing the genetic and epigenetic determinants and heritability of frailty
• Assessing the predictive role of frailty on health span, mortality and morbidity
For a list of my publications, please visit my ResearchGate page: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Juulia_Jylhaevae/publications
• PhD in Molecular Immunology (Biology of aging), University of Tampere, Finland 2013
• MSc in Molecular Biology, University of Jyväskylä Finland, 2006