The courses and projects I have been or am currently involved in (see below for a complete list of links):
- The undergraduate elective course in Global Health
- The massive open online course An Introduction to Global Health
- Developing and leading Teacher training modules at KI in global health as part of implementing the Action Plan for Internationalisation
- Internationalisation of the Curriculum 2017-2020 together with Jennifer Valcke and partly funded by STINT
Together with Giulia Gaudenzi, I also initiated and facilitated the seminar series Gender Health and Rights at KI in the winter of 2015.
I hold a Masters of Arts in Visual and Media Anthropology at the Freie Universität in Berlin, Germany. I received my Bachelors of Arts in Anthropology and International Relations from the University of Sussex, UK in 2007. Previously, I have facilitated educational video projects (using the Participatory Video technique developed by Insightshare.org) with traditional birth attendants in Ghana and asylum seeking teenagers in Sweden. In addition, I have worked with LGBTQ rights in Sweden, and with cultural heritage as a method of building peace in the western Balkans. Finally, I have also been teaching assistant for the Stanford University MOOC International Women’s Health and Human Rights.
My research fields include international higher education (SDG4), and social norms related to sexual and reproductive health and rights (SDGs 3 and 5) in a collaboration with the World Values Survey.
- Chapter: Båge, K., Valcke, J. (forthcoming in 2021). “From English-Medium Education to Sustainable Development Goals - The Journey of a Medical University". In: Developing and Evaluating Quality Bilingual Practices in Higher Education, D. Coyle & F. Rubio Alcalá (eds.). Multilingual Matters: Bristol.
- Chapter: Valcke, J., Preet, R., Knipper, M., Båge, K. (forthcoming in 2020). “Conceptualising Teaching Spaces – Being, Becoming, Belonging in Higher Education”. In: Teaching and Learning in higher education: the context of Being, Interculturality and New Knowledge Systems, M. Kumar & T. Welikala (eds). Emerald Publishing: Bingley.
- Article: Båge, K., Jellinek, N., Pagèze, J., Valcke, J., Welikala, T. (forthcoming in 2020). “Implementing Education for Sustainable Development (SDG4.7) in Higher Education”. Global University Network for Innovation: Conference Proceedings.
- Article: Båge, K. (1 April, 2020). “Vet svenska folket ens vad strategin går ut på”. Svenska Dagbladet. Available Online.
- Article: Båge, K., Jellinek, N., Pagèze, J., Valcke, J., Welikala, T. (14 March 2020). “An International Curriculum Fit for Generation Greta”. University World News. Available online.
- Chapter: Valcke, J., Båge, K. (2020). “Stepping Out of the Silos – Training Teachers, Training Trainers”. In: Teacher Training for Enligsh-Medium Instruction in Higher Education, M. del Mar Sanchez Perez (ed.) IGI Global: Hershey, Pennsylvania. An overview can be found here.
- Article: Båge, K., Nordenstedt, N., Ekström, A.M. (2017). Att förstå fattigdom – kursen i global hälsa för KI-studenter. Socialmedicinskt tidskrift, Vol 94, Nr 6. Available online.
Since 2015, I have participated in production, coordination, design, facilitation as well as regular teaching in the following courses:
- Global Health 7,5 ECTs. This is a 5-week elective undergraduate course with 70-90 students each semester, who spend 3 weeks in Sweden studying theory and 2 subsequent weeks in a low-income country like Uganda, Tanzania, Vietnam and Laos. Beyond regular teaching and coordination responsibilities I also participate as an accompanying teacher traveling with the students for the duration of the study trip period. For more information: Att förstå fattigdom – kursen i global hälsa för KI-studenter, Båge, Nordenstedt, Ekström, 2017. Socialmedicinskt tidskrift, Vol 94, Nr 6.
- PREPARE - a pre-departure course for KI students going on an international exchange, including a module on global health.
- An Introduction to Global Health. This is six week Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) introductory course in Global health available on the Edx platform.
Teacher training modules
- Teaching and learning in Higher Education, distance.
- Global Health for Teaching Staff at KI - designing a small private online course in Global health for teaching staff at KI
- Tools for Global Health - workshops for teaching staff at KI.
- 2013 - Masters of Arts in Visual and Media Anthropology at the Freie Universität in Berlin, Germany.
- 2007 - Bachelors of Arts in Anthropology and International Relations from the University of Sussex, UK in 2007.
Academic honours, awards and prizes