I am a postdoc in psychiatric epidemiology at the Centre for Eating Disorders Innovation (CEDI) with primary research interest in eating disorders and neurodevelopmental disorders. My current research is mainly focused on avoidant/restrictive food intake disorder (ARFID). Using epidemiological and twin designs as well as genome-wide association studies, I am trying to understand the genetic and environmental causes of ARFID, its comorbidities (e.g., with autism, ADHD, and anxiety), and its course over time.
Here are some articles and media featuring my research:
Blog article "11 things we now know about ARFID” for Gillberg’s Blog. https://tinyurl.com/6732hswd
Podcast Episode in “Puls på Vård o Vetenskap” about ARFID and Swedish ARFID Research (in Swedish). https://tinyurl.com/h2nydzt3
Virtual Journal Club "CAMHS around the Campfire” on “Autism and Eating Disorders” for the Association for Child and Adolescent Mental Health (ACAMH). https://tinyurl.com/ye24by87
Profile about my PhD research https://bit.ly/3lC476F
Blog article “What have twin studies taught us about ESSENCE conditions?” for Gillberg’s Blog. https://bit.ly/3mF4tqG
Video Abstract for the Association for Child and Adolescent Mental Health (ACAMH) https://bit.ly/3dXG8HD and Podcast Episode in “Psychiatry Paper Chat” http://bit.ly/31wa770 on Dinkler L, et al. Anorexia nervosa and autism spectrum disorder: A prospective twin cohort study (published in the Journal of Child Psychology and Psychiatry).
Video Abstract for the Association for Child and Adolescent Mental Health (ACAMH) on Dinkler L, et al. Maltreatment-associated neurodevelopmental disorders: a co-twin control analysis (published in the Journal of Child Psychology and Psychiatry). https://bit.ly/38szZlN
You can find my PhD thesis here: https://gupea.ub.gu.se/handle/2077/66196
- PhD in Medical Science (2020), Sahlgrenska Academy, University of Gothenburg, Sweden
- MSc in Psychology (2014), Goethe-University Frankfurt, Germany; (major: work and organizational psychology, minor in clinical psychology)
- BSc in Psychology (2012), Friedrich Schiller-University Jena, Germany
Academic honours, awards and prizes
- Top-scoring paper abstract in ARFID Award for a student/trainee/early career professional at the Academy for Eating Disorders International Conference on Eating Disorders (2022)
- Best poster award, Bridging Transitions: Youth Mental Health – Risk and Resilience, ACE Centre 2nd International Conference, Glasgow, UK (2017)