- Education coordinator at the Department of Medicine Solna
- Course coordinator in the Master Programme in Molecular Techniques in Life Science (Frontiers in Translational Medicine & Frontiers in Life Sciences 1)
- Project leader for educational development projects for the Biomedicine programmes
- Associated to the Cardiovascular Medicine Division, Department of Medicine Solna and Center for Molecular Medicine
My long term biomedical research goal is to understand the role of thoracic adipose tissue in the pathogenesis of cardiometabolic diseases via intra- and inter-tissue crosstalk.
Specifically I am interested in the role epicardial adipose tissue on the pathogenesis of atherosclerosis, the relationship between the function of mediastinal adipose tissue and cardiometabolic risk factors, and the role of perivascular adipose tissue in endothelial function.
- Blended learning
- Game-based learning/Gamification, Virtual lab/simulations
- Course-based undergraduate research experience (CURE)
Previous experience: Responsible for course lab in the course “Molecular Medicine” (2011-2014)
- Mini research project as course lab (course-based undergraduate research experience, CURE)
- Peer review of lab report (peer learning)
- Demonstration videos for lab techniques and short MCQs as a MOOC module (Blended learning)
Academic honours, awards and prizes
Best Poster Award: The 82nd Congress of the European Atherosclerosis Society (EAS 2014), Madrid, Spain