Senior lab manager
I am the Macromolecular X-ray Crystallography (MX) manager at Protein Science Facility, Karolinska Institutet in daily use by around 20 researchers. I am organizing the local structural biology community to share synchrotron beamtime, crystallization robot hardware and remotely accessible diffraction data analysis software to achieve common goals and stay competitive in an international environment.
I am coordinating three synchrotron “block allocation groups” at Bessy in Berlin and Diamond Light Source in Oxfordshire and MAX IV in Lund in benefit of seventeen (17) research groups at KI, SU, KTH and LiU resulting in shared beamtime for Macromolecular X-ray diffraction experiments.
I am also part of a team developing a High Performance Computing Macromolecular X-ray crystallography (HPC-MX) software installation at NSC Triolith, LUNARC Aurora and the MAX IV cluster called PReSTO, remotely accessible from any pc, mac or Linux computer with internet access. My application to become the first SNIC coordinator at Karolinska Institutet was supported by members of the PReSTO project.
I am happy to participate in research activities in support of students/postdocs/PIs with an interest in applying macromolecular X-ray crystallography to their research. I was the assistant supervisor of Madhanagopal Anandapadamanaban (1-2) that defended his thesis in December 2015. I have also supervised postdocs in single projects without being an official supervisor (3-4).
I am ususally teaching first and second year medical and biomedical students in fundamental concepts regarding
- protein, lipid and carbohydrate structure and function
- vitamins and cofactors
- energy metabolism such as glucolysis, TCA cycle and oxidative phosphorylation
- adding impact of diabetes on insulin/glucagon regulation on gluconeogenesis, glycogenolysis and glycogen synthesis
- chemical binding in organic chemistry
- 2003-2005 postdoc with prof. Pär Nordlund at Stockholm University
- 1997-2003 Ph.D. studies with prof. Ylva Lindqvist at Karolinska Institutet
- 1991-1997 M.Sc. degree in Molecular Biophysics at Umeå University