I am a work and organizational psychologist with PhD in psychology from SWPS University of Social Sciences and Humanities, Poland. During my PhD training, I completed a 6-months predoctoral internship with prof. E. Tory Higgins at Psychology Department, Columbia University in the City of New York, where I investigated the consquences of regulatory fit in the organizational context. I received my post-doctoral training under the supervision of dr Anne Richter, prof. Ulrica von Thiele Schwarz and prof. Henna Hasson, where we investigated workplace factors that lead to sustainable employment. I am also employed as an Assistant Professor at SWPS University of Social Sciences and Humanities, Poland.
I specialize in work and organizational psychology. In my research, I examine factors affecting employee adaptation to organizational changes. I am also interested in investigating the psychological consequences of a match between a person and an organization from the perspective of self-regulation. Finally, I examine employee proactivity in the workplace, with particular emphasis on job crafting.
Recent papers related to the above topics:
- Roczniewska, M., Rogala, A., Puchalska-Kaminska, M., Cieślak, R., & Retowski, S. (2020). I believe I can craft! introducing Job Crafting Self-Efficacy Scale (JCSES). PloS one, 15(8), e0237250.
- Roczniewska, M., Richter, A., Hasson, H., & Schwarz, U. V. T. (2020). Predicting Sustainable Employability in Swedish Healthcare: The Complexity of Social Job Resources. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 17(4), 1200.
- Roczniewska, M., & Higgins, E. T. (2019). Messaging organizational change: How regulatory fit relates to openness to change through fairness perceptions. Journal of Experimental Social Psychology, 85, 103882.
- Roczniewska, M. A., & Higgins, E. T. (2018). Promotion or Prevention Messaging?: A Field Study on What Works When You Still Have to Work. Frontiers in psychology, 9, 1990.
- Roczniewska, M., Retowski, S., & Higgins, E. T. (2017). How Person-Organization Fit Impacts Employees’ Perceptions of Justice and Well-being. Frontiers in Psychology, 8, 2318.
- Roczniewska, M. A., & Puchalska-Kamińska, M. (2017). Are managers also ‘crafting leaders’? The link between organizational rank, autonomy, and job crafting. Polish Psychological Bulletin, 48(2), 198-211.
- Roczniewska, M., & Bakker, A. B. (2016). Who seeks job resources, and who avoids job demands? The link between dark personality traits and job crafting. The Journal of psychology, 150(8), 1026-1045.