I am a work and organizational psychologist with PhD in psychology from SWPS University of Social Sciences and Humanities, Poland. During my PhD training, I completed a 6-months predoctoral internship with prof. E. Tory Higgins at Psychology Department, Columbia University in the City of New York, where I investigated the consquences of regulatory fit in the organizational context. I received my post-doctoral training under the supervision of dr Anne Richter, prof. Ulrica von Thiele Schwarz and prof. Henna Hasson, where we investigated workplace factors that lead to sustainable employment. I am also employed as an Assistant Professor at SWPS University of Social Sciences and Humanities, Poland.
I specialize in work and organizational psychology. In my research, I examine factors affecting employee adaptation to organizational changes. I am also interested in investigating the psychological consequences of a match between a person and an organization from the perspective of self-regulation. Finally, I examine employee proactivity in the workplace, with particular emphasis on job crafting.
SHARED REALITY AND REGULATORY FIT IN THE ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT
- Coo, C., Richter, A., von Thiele Schwarz, U., Hasson, H., & Roczniewska, M.* (2021). All by myself: How perceiving organizational constraints when others do not hampers work engagement. Journal of Business Research, 136, 580-591. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbusres.2021.08.010
- Roczniewska, M., & Richter, A. (2021). Are we seeing “eye to eye” on qualitative job insecurity in healthcare? Employee-teammates perceptual (in)congruence and individual well-being. Anxiety, Stress, and Coping, 1–19. https://doi.org/10.1080/10615806.2021.1913489
- Roczniewska, M., & Higgins, E. T. (2019). Messaging organizational change: How regulatory fit relates to openness to change through fairness perceptions. Journal of Experimental Social Psychology, 85, 103882.https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jesp.2019.103882
- Roczniewska, M., & Higgins, E. T. (2018). Promotion or Prevention Messaging?: A Field Study on What Works When You Still Have to Work. Frontiers in psychology, 9, 1990.https://doi.org/10.3389/fpsyg.2018.01990
- Roczniewska, M., Retowski, S., & Higgins, E. T. (2017). How Person-Organization Fit Impacts Employees’ Perceptions of Justice and Well-being. Frontiers in Psychology, 8, 2318. https://doi.org/10.3389/fpsyg.2017.02318
PROACTIVITY AND JOB CRAFTING
- Roczniewska, M., & Bakker, A. B. (2021). Burnout and self-regulation failure: A diary study of self-undermining and job crafting among nurses. Journal of Advanced Nursing, 77(8), 3424-3435. https://doi.org/10.1111/jan.14872
- Roczniewska, M., Rogala, A., Puchalska-Kaminska, M., Cieślak, R., & Retowski, S. (2020). I believe I can craft! introducing Job Crafting Self-Efficacy Scale (JCSES). PloS one, 15(8), e0237250 https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0237250
- Roczniewska, M. A., & Puchalska-Kamińska, M. (2017). Are managers also ‘crafting leaders’? The link between organizational rank, autonomy, and job crafting. Polish Psychological Bulletin, 48(2), 198-211. https://doi.org/10.1515/ppb-2017-0023
- Roczniewska, M., & Bakker, A. B. (2016). Who seeks job resources, and who avoids job demands? The link between dark personality traits and job crafting. The Journal of psychology, 150(8), 1026- 1045. https://doi.org/10.1080/00223980.2016.1235537
- Richter A., Roczniewska M., Hasson H., von Thiele Schwarz U. (2021) A Multilevel Approach to Understanding Job Demands and Resources in Healthcare. In: Keisu BI., Tafvelin S., Brodin H. (eds) Gendered Norms at Work. Aligning Perspectives on Health, Safety and Well-Being. Springer, Cham. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-77734-0_4
- Roczniewska, M., Richter, A., Hasson, H., & Schwarz, U. V. T. (2020). Predicting Sustainable Employability in Swedish Healthcare: The Complexity of Social Job Resources. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 17(4), 1200. https://doi.org/10.3390/ijerph17041200