I am a post-doctoral researcher at the Centre for Psychiatry Research and senior psychiatrist at the Transcultural Centre in Stockholm, Sweden. I received my PhD in 2021 on a thesis titled "Self-admission as a treatment tool in severe anorexia nervosa".
My main research areas are cultural psychiatry, medical humanities, trauma, and eating disorders.
I am currently involved in the following research projects:
• "The impact of culture and migration background on seeking and receiving treatment for eating disorders" with Sofie Bäärnhielm and Elisabeth Welch (supported by ALF funding from Region Stockholm and Karolinska Institutet)
• "Strengthening emergency response for societal crisis – appraisal of intercultural health communication strategies during the COVID-19 pandemic" with Sofie Bäärnhielm in collaboration with Soorej Jose Puthoopparambil and Önver Cetrez at Uppsala University (supported by funding from the Swedish Research Council)
• "Patient-controlled admissions for individuals with severe mental health disorders" – Emelie Allenius' PhD project to which I contribute as co-supervisor alongside Sigrid Salomonsson, Alexander Rozental, Lena Flyckt and Pernilla Omerov (supported by funding from the Swedish Research Council)
• "Exploring opinions among transnational adoptees on how psychiatric specialist healthcare should be designed and implemented" – Natte Hillerberg's project as resident psychiatrist where I partake as supervisor
• "Opacity, mentalization, and tolerating the unknown: a reexamination of the writings of Édouard Glissant in a context of cultural psychiatry"