A biomedical engineer by training, postdoctoral researcher at KI.
Read more about the project: https://erc-spheres.univ-tlse3.fr
I am a biomedical engineer and have built up my career at the crossroads of biology and materials science and engineering. I am a self-motivated and open-minded team player, who enjoys working in cross-disciplinary and multicultural environments.
My graduate work at the Technical University of Denmark (DTU) was centred on developing biomimetic tissue models. I employ microbiofabrication techniques and 3D printing to develop native-like microfluidic devices, scaffolds and cell-laden hydrogels for various biomedical applications.
Currently, I am working on combining physiologically relevant tissue models, advanced microscopy techniques, high throughput fabrication methods and analytical assays in order to acquire further insight into cellular events.
Co-supervision of M.Sc. thesis (by Zahra Rezvani), 2020, DTU, Denmark
- Title: A nano-reinforced hydrogel carrier for targeted cell delivery
Co-supervision of M.Sc. thesis (by Mette Steen Toftdal), 2019, DTU, Denmark
- Title: Beta-cell assisted diabetes therapy via oxygen releasing hydrogels
Co-supervision of BSc student (by Thomas B. W. Mathiassen), 2018, DTU, Denmark
- Title: A self-healable hydrogel carrier system for mending bone disorders through targeted stem cell delivery
- PhD in Life Science, Department of Health Technology, Technical University of Denmark (DTU)
- MSc in Biotechnology, Sharif University of Technology (SUT), Iran
- BSc in Mechanical/Chemical Engineering, Sharif University of Technology (SUT), Iran
- High School Diploma, Mathematics and Physics, Aboureihan high school, Tehran, Iran
Academic honours, awards and prizes
- William Demant Foundation travel grant, 2020, Denmark
- Royal Society of Chemistry Lab-on-a-Chip best poster award, 2020, the Netherlands
- Master's thesis of the year and 1st rank graduate, 2013, Iran
- Member of national elite foundation, Since 2007, Iran