- Department of Dental Medicine
- as lecturer/senior dentist
- University Dental Clinic
- Universitetstandvården avdelningen
- Orthodontic Clinic
- as lecturer/senior dentist
Senior consultant and head of orthodontic clinic, Karolinska Institutet, Huddinge, Sweden
Lecturer at the Orthodontic Unit, Karolinska Instituet, Department of Dental Medicine, Huddinge, Sweden
I am at the orthodontic clinic daily, where I meet my patients and work as a clinical teacher in undergraduate education for dental students in semesters 7 & 8. In addition, as a lecturer at the Orthodontic Unit of the Department of Dental Medicine, I hold lectures and seminars in dental education. Here I also conduct my research, partly my projects or collaborations with other researchers.
In my research, I focus primarily on new digital technologies that use 3D methods and the application of algorithms or artificial intelligence. I use these new techniques mainly in clinical projects in the following:
- Skeletal anchorage, a method where we can control tooth movements with the help of tiny screws in the jawbone.
- Health economic evaluations, where we analyze what cost or savings the introduction of a new treatment method entails.
- Registry studies with a focus on epidemiology and socio-economics.
- Measurement methods with a focus on 3-dimensional techniques.
- Validity and reliability of three-dimensional measurement methods in dentistry
- Niels Ganzer
- Accuracy of three-dimensional scanning of the palate - comparison of direct intraoral scanning versus indirect scanning - Noggrannhet av tredimensionell skanning av gommen - jämförelse av direkt intraoral skanning kontra indirekt skanning
- Berfin Shamlou, Reinhilde Jacobs, Niels Ganzer
- Sex distribution among children and adolescents who receive publicly financed orthodontic treatment in Gävleborg County - Könsfördelning bland barn och ungdomar som får skattefinansierad ortodontisk behandling i Gävleborgs län
- Stina Falk, Kristina Johansson, Ingalill Feldmann, Niels Ganzer
- Evaluation of treatment results of retained canines in the upper jaw - Utvärdering av behandlingsresultat av retinerade hörntänder i överkäken
- Sinan Dehrab, Elena Borsci, Sandra Raho, Ella Lovisa Auvinen, Niels Ganzer
Stability of maxillary anterior teeth after 2 years of retention in adolescents: a randomized controlled trial comparing two bonded and a vacuum-formed retainer. Naraghi S, Ganzer N, Bondemark L, Sonesson M Eur J Orthod 2021 04;43(2):152-158
Comparison of post-treatment changes with and without retention in adolescents treated for maxillary impacted canines-a randomized controlled trial. Naraghi S, Ganzer N, Bondemark L, Sonesson M Eur J Orthod 2021 04;43(2):121-127
Prevalence of temporomandibular disorder in adult patients with chronic pain. Stålnacke C, Ganzer N, Liv P, Wänman A, Lövgren A Scand J Pain 2021 Jan;21(1):41-47
A cost-effectiveness analysis of anchorage reinforcement with miniscrews and molar blocks in adolescents: a randomized controlled trial. Ganzer N, Feldmann I, Petrén S, Bondemark L Eur J Orthod 2019 03;41(2):180-187
Anchorage reinforcement with miniscrews and molar blocks in adolescents: A randomized controlled trial. Ganzer N, Feldmann I, Bondemark L Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 2018 Dec;154(6):758-767
A novel method for superimposition and measurements on maxillary digital 3D models-studies on validity and reliability. Ganzer N, Feldmann I, Liv P, Bondemark L Eur J Orthod 2018 01;40(1):45-51
Pain and discomfort following insertion of miniscrews and premolar extractions: A randomized controlled trial. Ganzer N, Feldmann I, Bondemark L Angle Orthod 2016 Nov;86(6):891-899
- Since 2021, teacher in the subject of orthodontics in the undergraduate education for dentists
- Since 2018 responsible for post-graduate education in orthodontics for 7 post-graduate students at the orthodontic specialist clinic in Gävle, Sweden
- Since 2018 scientific supervisor for 4 post-graduate students
- Assistant supervisor to a doctoral student at Malmö University (dissertation defended in 2021)
- 2012-2018 Doctoral student at the Faculty of Dentistry, Malmö University, Sweden
- 2012-2015 National Research school in Dentistry, Sweden
- 2008-2011 Post-graduate education in orthodontics at the Odontological Education Unit Örebro in collaboration with the orthodontic specialist clinic in Gävle, Sweden
- 1999-2004 Dental School at Charité Universitetsmedicin, Berlin, Germany. Degreed: Doctor in Dental Surgery
Academic honours, awards and prizes
- 2019 Best doctoral thesis, Swedish Dental Association
- 2017 Houston Research Award, European Orthodontic Society