Affiliated to research
I am a Postdoctoral researcher at Professor Maria Ankarcrona trying to understand the interconnection between mitochondria-ER contact sites, mitochondria function and autophagosome formation in Alzheimer's disease.
Our group is studying the role of mitochondria and mitochondria-ER contact sites in Alzheimer's disease. The aim of my project is to understand the interplay between this subcellular region, Aβ production and autophagosome formation.
I am also involved in side projects with my colleagues including:
- Identify new proteins and their respective functions at MAM;
- Characterisation of mitochondria in differentiated neuronal cells;
- Characterisation of MAM in synapses.
- Doctoral of Philosophy (PhD) in Medical Sciences from Karolinska Institutet (Sweden).
- Master of Science (MSc) from Stockholm University (Sweden).
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) from Univeristy of Porto (Portugal).
Academic honours, awards and prizes
JSPS Postdoctoral Fellowship Program (Short-term) (2018)
Gun and Bertil Stohnes Forsknings Stipendium (2018)
JSPS Postdoctoral Summer Program (2014)
Sven and Lilly Lawskis association fund for Natural Science research (2013)