- Assistant Professor, The Institute of Environmental Medicine, KI
- Epidemiologist, Centre for Occupational and Environmental Medicine, Region Stockholm
My research has primarily focused on effects of ambient air pollution on the development of asthma and allergy in children and adolescents. Much of my work is based on the ongoing Swedish birth cohort BAMSE (https://ki.se/en/imm/bamse-project), which has a strong focus on epidemiology, environmental exposures and genomics, EMIL (https://ki.se/imm/valkommen-till-emil), along with extensive international collaborations (e.g. through the ESCAPE, PACE, MeDALL, EXPANSE consortia).
Current projects involve large-scale studies of biomarkers, including epigenetic, transcriptomic, inflammatory and metabolomic, and interactions with various environmental factors (e.g., ambient air pollution, environmental tobacco smoke) in context of respiratory disorders.
Current research grants (as PI)
- The Swedish Research Council for Health, Working Life and Welfare (FORTE)
- The Swedish Research Council (VR)
- Swedish Environmental Protection Agency
- Karolinska Institutet
- 2018: Assistant Professor, The Institute of Environmental Medicine, Karolinska Institutet
- 2013-16: Postdoc, The Institute of Environmental Medicine, Karolinska Institutet
- 2012: PhD, The Institute of Environmental Medicine, Karolinska Institutet
- 2007: MSc, Ukraine
- 2006: MD, Ukraine