- Assistant Professor, The Institute of Environmental Medicine
- Epidemiologist, Centre for Occupational and Environmental Medicine, Region Stockholm
- Co-PI of the EMIL cohort (https://ki.se/imm/valkommen-till-emil)
My research has primarily focused on effects of ambient air pollution on the development of asthma and allergy in children and adolescents. Much of my work is based on the ongoing Swedish birth cohort BAMSE, which has a strong focus on epidemiology, environmental exposures and genetics, along with extensive international collaborations (e.g. through the ESCAPE, PACE and MeDALL projects).
Current projects involve large-scale studies of biomarkers, particularly epigenetic, transcriptomic and inflammatory, and interactions with various environmental factors (.g., traffic-related air pollution, environmental tobacco smoking) in context of childhood allergy-related disorders.
Current research grants (as PI)
- Swedish Research Council for Health, Working Life and Welfare (FORTE)
- Swedish Environmental Protection Agency
- Swedish Society for Medical Research (SSMF)
- Karolinska Institutet
- 2018: Assistant Professor
- 2013-16: Postdoc, The Institute of Environmental Medicine, Karolinska Institutet
- 2012: PhD, Karolinska Institutet (Epidemiology). Title: "Long-term exposure to air pollution from road traffic and development of airway and allergic diseases in children"
- 2007: MSc, Ukraine
- 2006: MD, Ukraine