Affiliated to research
Specialist in Obstetrics and Gynecology 1992. PhD 1999 “Risk Estimation and Prediction of Preeclampsia, IUGR, and Thrombosis in Pregnancy”. Associate professor in 2003, Lund University. Since 2017 working at Karolinska Institute, Clinical Sciences and Education, Södersjukhuset, at the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology as a Senior Consultant and was appointed Adjunct Professor in 2022.
Having expertise on obstetric complications with a focus on hemostatic disturbances, but also on the effects of sun exposure /vitamin D on pregnancy and our health.
- An ongoing improvement of the National guidelines on thromboprophylaxis and knowledge regarding thrombophilias
- A large trial of peroral tranexamic acid in the prevention of prophuse postpartum blood loss
- Appointed Swedish representative for assessment of rare obstetric events NOSS and INOSS (Nordic and International Obstetric survival system)
- Improving the diagnosis and treatment of rare obstetric conditions such as placenta accrete, uterine rupture, postpartum hysterectomy, vasa previa, shoulder dystocia and intrauterine death.
- Diagnosis and management of growth restriction
- Fetal surveillance with CTG
- Ongoing studies within the large MISS (melanoma of Southern Sweden) cohort assessing how differences in sun exposure affect for our health
Academic honours, awards and prizes
Scientific Secretary SFOG (Swedish Societty Obstetricians and Gynecologists (2009-2010)
Board of Hem-ARG (reference and working group for Hemostatic questions) 2005-2009