Pernilla Videhult Pierre
PhD, pharmacist, lecturer, and researcher
Division of audiology
Department of clinical science, intervention, and technology (CLINTEC)
Alfred Nobels Allé 10, level 5
141 83 Huddinge
Cooperations outside the Division of audiology
Filip Asp, PhD, MSci in Engineering, Karolinska university hospital, Stockholm.
Cecilia Engmér Berglin, PhD, ENT specialist, Karolinska university hospital, Stockholm.
Anders Fridberger, professor in neuroscience, Department of clinical and experimental medicine, Cell biology, Linköping university, Linköping.
Signe Friesland, PhD, senior consultant in oncology, Karolinska university hospital, Stockholm.
Christina Forshell Hederstierna, PhD, senior consultant in audiology, Karolinska University Hospital, Stockholm.
Mikael Hedeland, professor in analytical pharmaceutical chemistry, Uppsala University, Uppsala.
Göran Laurell, professor in ear, nose, and throat, Uppsala University, senior consultant, Uppsala university hospital, Uppsala.
Curt Pettersson, professor emeritus in analytical pharmaceutical chemistry, Department of pharmacy, Uppsala University, Uppsala.
Ulf Rosenhall, professor emeritus in clinical audiology, senior consultant, Hearing and balance clinic, Karolinska university hospital, Stockholm.
Henrik Smeds, PhD, senior consultant in ENT, Karolinska university hospital.
Publications by Pernilla Videhult Pierre
Original Research Articles
1. Videhult Pierre P, Eklöf M, Smeds H, Asp F. Cochlear implantation with the CI512 and CI532 pre-curved electrode arrays: one year speech recognition and intraoperative thresholds of electrically evoked compound action potentials. Audiol Neurotol (accepted).
2. Pirttila K, Videhult Pierre P, Haglof J, Engskog M, Hedeland M, Laurell G, Arvidsson T, Pettersson (2019) An LCMS-Based Untargeted Metabolomics Protocol for Cochlear Perilymph: Highlighting Metabolic Effects of Hydrogen Gas on the Inner Ear of Noise Exposed Guinea Pigs. Metabolomics 15(10):138.
3. Videhult Pierre P, Fransson A, Kisiel MA, Damberg P, Nikkhou Aski S, Andersson M, Hällgren L, Laurell G (2019) Middle Ear Administration of a Particulate Chitosan Gel in an in vivo Model of Cisplatin Ototoxicity. Front Cell Neurosci 13:268.
4. Fransson AE, Kisiel M, Pirttila K, Pettersson C, Videhult Pierre P, Laurell GFE (2017) Hydrogen Inhalation Protects against Ototoxicity Induced by Intravenous Cisplatin in the Guinea Pig. Front Cell Neurosci 11, 280.
5. Videhult Pierre P, Haglof J, Linder B, Engskog MKR, Arvidsson T, Pettersson C, Fransson A, Laurell G (2017) Cisplatin-Induced Metabolome Changes in Serum: An Experimental Approach to Identify Markers for Ototoxicity. Acta oto-laryngol 137, 1024-30.
6. Videhult Pierre P, Johnson A-C, Fridberger A (2015) Subjective and clinically assessed hearing loss; a cross-sectional register-based study on a Swedish population aged 18 through 50 years. PLoS One 10, e0123290.
7. Engmer Berglin C, Videhult Pierre P, Ekborn A, Bramer T, Edsman K, Hultcrantz M, Laurell G (2015) Local Treatment of the Inner Ear: A Study of Three Different Polymers Aimed for Middle Ear Administration. Acta oto-laryngol 135, 985-94.
8. Pierre PV, Fridberger A, Wikman A, Alexanderson K (2012) Self-reported hearing difficulties, main income sources, and socio-economic status; a cross-sectional population-based study in Sweden. BMC Public Health 12, 874-885.
9. Berglin CE, Pierre PV, Bramer T, Edsman K, Ehrsson H, Eksborg S, Laurell G (2011) Prevention of cisplatin-induced hearing loss by administration of a thiosulfate-containing gel to the middle ear in a guinea pig model. Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 68, 1547-1556.
10. Pierre PV, Wallin I, Eksborg S, Ehrsson H (2011) Quantitative liquid chromatographic determination of intact cisplatin in blood with microwave-assisted post-column derivatization and UV detection. J Pharm Biomed Anal 56, 126-130.
11. Videhult Pierre P, Engmer C, Wallin I, Laurell G, Ehrsson H (2009) High concentrations of thiosulfate in scala tympani perilymph after systemic administration in the guinea pig. Acta Otolaryngol 129, 132-137.
12. Videhult P, Laurell G, Wallin I, Ehrsson H (2006) Degradation rate constants of cisplatin and its monohydrated complex with sulfur containing compounds designed for local ototoprotective administration. Exp Biol Med 231, 1638-45.
13. Videhult P, Yachnin J, Jerremalm R, Lewensohn R, Ehrsson H (2002) Synthesis and cytotoxicity of the dihydrated complex of oxaliplatin. Cancer Lett 180, 191-194.
14. Jerremalm E, Videhult P, Alvelius G, Griffiths WJ, Bergman T, Eksborg S, Ehrsson H (2002) Alkaline hydrolysis of oxaliplatin- isolation and identification of the oxalato monodentate intermediate. J Pharm Sci 91, 2116-2121.
Cortes Fuentes IA, Videhult Pierre P, Engmer Berglin C (2019) Improving Clinical Outcomes in Cochlear Implantation Using Glucocorticoid Therapy: A Review. Ear Hear Apr 30, doi 10.1097/AUD.0000000000000740.
Laurell G, Videhult Pierre P. Hearing loss after cisplatin: oxidative stress pathways and potential for protection. In: Armstrong D, editor. Free Radicals in ENT Pathology. New York: Springer; 2015. pp. 217-241.
Videhult Pierre P. Cisplatin, a platinum-containing antineoplastic drug: perspectives on analytical chemistry and prevention of ototoxicity. Karolinska Institutet 2010, Stockholm.