I am originally from Germany but moved abroad in 2016 to study in the Netherlands and the UK. My interest in human health motivated me to study (neuro-)psychology and gain insight into clinical practice through internships in care facilities and hospitals.
I have an optimistic and positive attitude and am happy to support others. I am patient, curious, and have an eye for detail.
As part of the INDUCT network, my research so far focussed on technology and dementia ( follow links for details).
In the future, I would like to combine patient care and research with a focus on interventions for older individuals with complex health issues.
Research interests include:
- Older adults with and without cognitive impairments (e.g. MCI, dementia, caregivers)
- Momentary assessments, the experience sampling method, and other forms of (digital) self-monitoring
- eHealth solutions (e.g. webpages, smartphone apps to promote health)
- Health as a holistic concept, including physical, emotional and social aspects
- Treating and preventing disorders
- Complex interventions, behavioural changes mechanisms, effectiveness and implementation
Tutoring courses based on the Problem-Based Learning approach at Maastricht University
Bachelor of Science, Psychology; Medical School Hamburg, D
Master of Science, Neuropsychology; Maastricht University, NL
Currently: PhD candidate; Maastricht University; affiliated to KI