Associate Professor (Docent) in molecular epidemiology at the Department of Medical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Karolinska Institutet.
My main research interest is in the field of aging and age-related diseases, applying molecular epidemiological methods. At the moment I am conducting analyses of different biological age predictors (telomere length, epigenetic clock, frailty index, etc) in several twin studies of aging (SATSA, GENDER, HARMONY, OCTO-Twin, TwinGene) within the Swedish Twin Registry and also using UK biobank data. Methods that I use include longitudinal modelling, causal analyses using Mendelian Randomization, and large-scale genome-wide approaches.
For a more detailed description of my current research please visit my project page Molecular epidemiology studies of aging and age-related diseases.
- Xueying Qin, PhD, visiting researcher
- Yunzhang Wang, PhD, bioinformatician
- Chenxi Qin, PhD, postdoc
- Xia Li, PhD-student
- Bowen Tang, PhD-student
- Caroline Danielson, student
- Ge Bai, PhD-student (Co-supervisor)
- Jonathan Mak, PhD-student (Co-supervisor)
- Aleksander Rytarowski, student
Associated group members
Former group members
- Ninoa Malki (Co-supervisor)
- Yasutake Tomata, (Visiting faculty)
- Yiqiang Zhan (Supervisor)
- Xu Chen (Co-supervisor)
- Qi Wang (Visiting faculty)
- Robert Muller (Postdoc)
- Ida Karlsson (Co-supervisor)
- Anne Seeboth (Co-supervisor, University of Edinburgh)
- Dylan Williams (Postdoc)
I am course organizer of the doctoral course "An introduction to Genetic and Molecular Epidemiology" (1.5 ECT) which is a course within the epidemiology programme where we cover basics in genetics, molecular epidemiology methods and discuss large-scale genetic association studies.
- PhD in Computational Biology, Linköping University, 2009
- MSc in Molecular Biology, Stockholm University, 2003
- BSc in Computer Science, Stockholm University, 2003
- Genetic epidemiology, Medical epidemiology and biostatistics (MEB), KI, 2011-2014
- Molecular epidemiology, Department of medical sciences, Uppsala University, 2013-2014
- Stanford University School of Medicine, 2016