The main focus of my research is to study how lifestyle factors such as physical activity, dietary intake and body weight are associated with different health outcomes. I received my doctorate at the Department of Medical Epidemiology and Biostatistics in 2015 with the thesis "Physical activity, body mass index and prostate cancer: studies of risk, progression and mortality". During my time as a postdoc at the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health, I deepened my knowledge in nutritional epidemiology, specifically focusing on physical activity. Today, I am an assistant professor at the Department of Clinical Epidemiology at the Department of Medicine Solna.
My research has two main focuses: (i) Nutritional epidemiology and (ii) mHealth.
Nutritional epidemiology –I study how physical activity dietary factors, dietary patterns, and weight control in relation to various health outcomes including for example kidney cancer, cardiovascular disease and Parkinson's disease.
mHealth – I have developed several different digital solutions that aim to promote healthy eating habits or physical activity. I run several large randomized intervention studies that evaluate the effect of the digital solutions targeting lifestyle within different patient groups.
I am a lecturer, group leader and seminar leader at several different educational programs at Karolinska Institutet, including the Medical program, the Master’s programme in nutrition science and the Research school in epidemiology for clinicians.
- Pedagogy for Doctoral Supervisors (3 hp), Karolinska Institutet, 2019
- Teaching and learning in higher education (7.5 hp), Karolinska Institutet, 2018
- Introductory Doctoral Supervision (1,5 hp), Karolinska Institutet, 2018
- Helén Eke
- Daniel Söderberg
- Liisa Tolvanen
- Charlotte Goodrose-Flores
- Oskar Swartling
- Madeleine Hummel
- Mari Hult, defended thesis in 2020
- Master of Science, major in nutrition, Stockholm University, 2009
- PhD in Epidemiology, Department of Medical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Karolinska Institutet, 2015
- Post doc at Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health, Nutrition department, 2015-16