My current research focuses on development and applications of statistical and computational methods for cancer genomics data. I closely collaborate with Professor Yudi Pawitan to develop various bioinformatics software for analysing sequencing data in Biostat Wiki. Most of the tools are developed and in R, Rshiny and C/C++.
- Models to discover driver alterations in cancer
- Models to predict drug responses of tumours
- Methods to analyse single-cell sequencing data
My research is supported by the Swedish Research Council (as PI), Karolinska Institutet (as PI), CancerFonden (as PI) and the Swedish Foundation for Strategic Research (SSF).
Supervison as main supervisor
- Quang Thinh Trac (PhD candidate, since Nov 2020)
- Lu Pan (PhD candidate, since Mar 2019)
Supervison as co-supervisor
- Yuying Li (PhD candidate, since Oct 2021)
- Aron Arzoomand (PhD candidate, since August 2021)
- Wenjiang Deng (PhD candidate, defended Sept 2021)
Former group members
- Sarath Murugan (research assistant, Jan 2020 - Oct 2020)
- Thanh Dat Nguyen (master degree, Mar 2019 - Mar 2020)
2009 – 2014: PhD, Department of Mathematics and Computer Science, University of Antwerp, Belgium.
2006 - 2008: MSc, Department of Computer Engineering, Korea Aerospace University, South Korea.
2000 - 2004: BSC, Faculty of Technology, Vietnam National University in Hanoi, Viet Nam.