Viktor H. Ahlqvist
My research primarily concerns factors surrounding pregnancy and their potential influence on maternal and offspring health.
The aim of my doctoral project is to determine the benefits and harms of antiseizure medication use during pregnancy, using registry-based pharmacoepidemiological surveillance and causal modeling.
In addition to this, I am involved in studies on preschoolers' health, cardiovascular epidemiology, and the development of causal inference methods.
- Teacher in Biostatistics I and Biostatistics II, Master's Programme in Public Health Sciences, Karolinska Institutet.
- Teacher in Statistics, General Practitioner Programme, Academic Primary Care Center - Region Stockholm.
- Master of Medical Science with a Major in Public Health Sciences, Karolinska Institutet 2019.
- Bachelor of Science with a Major in Science of Public Health, Mälardalen University 2017.
Academic honours, awards and prizes
- 2022 Karolinska Institutet - Committee of Research.
- 2021 ALF Medicine, co-applicant.
- 2021 Swedish Society for Medical Research.
- 2020 Swedish Infant Death Foundation.
- 2020 Erik and Edith Fernström Foundation for Medical Research.
- 2020 Karolinska Institutet - Committee of Doctoral Education.
- 2020 Karolinska Institutet - Committee of Research.
- 2018 Karolinska Institutet. Research internship in Epidemiology and Medical Statistics at the University of Athens - Department of Hygiene, Epidemiology and Medical Statistics.
- 2016 Mälardalen University.