Viktor H. Ahlqvist
My research primarily concerns factors surrounding pregnancy, and its potential to influence maternal and offspring health.
The aim of my doctoral project is to determine the benefits and harms of antiepileptic drug use during pregnancy, using registry-based pharmacoepidemiological surveillance and causal modelling. I am also involved in projects aiming to determine the role of cesarean section in maternal and offspring health.
- Teacher in Biostatistics I and Biostatistics II, Master's Programme in Public Health Sciences, Karolinska Institutet.
- Teacher in Statistics, General Practitioner Programme, Academic Primary Care Center - Region Stockholm.
- Master of Medical Science with a Major in Public Health Sciences, Karolinska Institutet 2019.
- Bachelor of Science with a Major in Science of Public Health, Mälardalen University 2017.
Academic honours, awards and prizes
- 2021 Swedish Society for Medical Research (Travel Grant).
- 2020 Swedish Infant Death Foundation (Research Grant).
- 2020 Erik and Edith Fernström Foundation for Medical Research (Travel Grant).
- 2020 Karolinska Institutet - Committee of Doctoral Education (Travel Grant).
- 2020 Karolinska Institutet - Committee of Research (Travel Grant).
- 2018 Karolinska Institutet. Research internship in Epidemiology and Medical Statistics at the University of Athens - Department of Hygiene, Epidemiology and Medical Statistics (Travel Grant).
- 2016 Mälardalen University (Travel Grant).