Yuanyuan Zhang MD. PhD.
Molecular biologist in cardiovascular and cancer fields
Cell life is highly dependent on its adaptability to the microenvironment, including sensing and responding the physical cues transduced from extracellular matrix (ECM) or adjacent cells. My research interests are focusing on how mechanical force is generated and transmitted through focal adhesome and cell-cell junctional complexes during vascular development, especially in angiogenesis, vessel maturation and aortic tolerance to fluid shear stress. Reveal of potential mechanisms will probably contribute to rescue relevant pathological conditions, for example vascular inflammation and aneurysm.
- 2020 PhD. Karolinska Institutet
- 2014 M.Sc. Internal Medicine (Haematology). Shandong University
- 2010 Doctor of Medicine Degree (Clinical medicine)
Academic honours, awards and prizes
- 2018: Student Award from STINT grant (Karolinska Institutet & Mayo Clinics)
- 2017: Best Presentation Award at 19th International conference of Vascular Biology (Singapore)