My research focuses on clinical, behavioral studies on orofacial neurosciences with special emphasis on behavior learning, skill acquisition and effects of training in the improvement of oral motor skills. I am interested in mechanisms related to cortical plasticity in the corticomotor pathways related to the various orofacial muscles. Furthermore, I am also interested in the influence of craniofacial pain on the oral motor and fine motor control and adaptation of due to altered oral environment.
My teaching assignments include supervision of doctoral students in the capacity of a co-supervisor. I am also involved in the supervision of Master students, Dental undergraduate students, Visiting Researchers, and Visiting doctoral students in the capacity of both main and co-supervisor.
- 2012-2015: Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), Section of Orofacial Pain and Jaw Function, Department of Dentistry, Aarhus University, Denmark
- 2002-2007: Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS), Bapuji Dental College and Hospital, Rajiv Gandhi University of Health and Sciences, Bangalore, India.
Academic honours, awards and prizes
- Editorial board member: Journal of Oral Rehabilitation,
- Associate Editor: Frontiers in Dental Medicine
Grants and awards
- 2020: Loo and Hans Osterman Foundation for Medical Research
- 2020: Karolinska Institutet Research Foundation Grants
- 2018: Karolinska Institutet Travel grant
- 2014: Aarhus University, Travel grant for a research stay at Karolinska Institutet, Sweden during PhD.
- 2013: Research support grant for PhD project from Colgate.
- 2012: International mobility scholarship to pursue fully-funded PhD education at Aarhus University, Denmark.
- 2020: KI-NDCS-NTU oral health steering group Seed funding grant
- 2020: Swedish research council (VR)
- 2020: Karolinska Institutet’s Research Foundation Grants.
- 2020: Erik and Edith Fernström Foundation
- 2017: Det Frie Forskningsråd, Danish council for independent research, Denmark.