Affiliated to research
Associate professor, M.D., specialist in general psychiatry, training in psychoanalysis and child analysis. My research and scientific publications focus on
(1) evaluating various psychotherapy methods for parent-infant mental health problems
(2) developing further such therapy methods at Child Health Centres (Swedish community care for parents and babies)
(3) integrating various theories (psychoanalytic, developmental psychology and attachment) underlying such methods
(4) integrating infant mental health care in routine health care
(1) Using RCT methodology to evaluate Mother-Infant Psychoanalytic treatment. An ongoing study uses quantiative and qualitative methodology to investigate short-time psychodynamic consultations at Child Health Centres (BVC)
(2) Developing, at a Child Health Centre (BVC), a brief parent-infant psychotherapy method and describing it in scientific writings
(3) There is a need to integrate various theories in the infant mental health field. Some of them are observational, others are more based on therapeutic intuition and dialogue. Both are needed but need to be conceptually integrated. This has resulted in several publications.
(4) Launching a project supported by the Swedish Inheritance Fund Commission, by which qualified therapists are allocated to Child Health Centres in Stockholm to supervise nurses and provide brief parent-infant consultations.
(5) Providing psychological models of understanding the experiences of children with ADHD
In 2013 I lanuched, with licensed psychotherapist and M.D. Monica Hedenbro, a course in perinatal psychiatry, at the Unit of Reproductive Health, Karolinska Institutet. The participants were mainly nurses and health visitors at Maternity Centres and Child Health Centre, social workers, and psychiatrists. A second and third round of this course will start in Aug. 2016 and Jan. 2017, respectively.
M.D. Univ. of Lund and Stockholm
Specialist Gen. Psychiatry
Psychoanalyst for adults and children (International Psychoanalytic Association)
Research Education at the Dept. of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Karolinska Institutet)
Associate professor in child psychiatry
Academic honours, awards and prizes
The Imre Szecsödy Foundation Award for Psychoanalytic Research 2012