Laura Romero Castillo
Affiliated to research
Passionate about Immunology and research. In love with communicating research. You will see me in scientific conferences and in divulgate events such as Women in Science or Pint of Science. I also enjoy helping other people to grow, that’s why I’m an active member of the Karolinska Postdoc Association (KIPA) and a mentor in the Euraxess mentoring program. However, not everything is about work, in my free time, you can find me dancing, climbing, and painting.
My experience in research has been relatively multidisciplinary, trying to unite nanotechnology with immunology. This fact has allowed me to realize the need for joint work among many different disciplines with the common goal of continuing to advance in scientific and technological development. Now, during my postdoctoral studies, I continue in the field of autoimmune diseases, this time with rheumatoid arthritis in the project focusing on the development of a tolerogenic peptide-based vaccine.
- Laboratory practices in the subject of general pharmacology. (40h). Academic year 2017-2018 (University of Castilla La-Mancha, Bachelor of Pharmacy).
- Laboratory practices in the subject of pharmacology and pharmacotherapy I. (60h). Academic year 2018-2019 (University of Castilla La-Mancha, Bachelor of Pharmacy).
- Laboratory practices in the subject of pharmacology and pharmacotherapy II. (40h). Academic year 2018-2019 (University of Castilla La-Mancha, Bachelor of Pharmacy).
- Karolinska Institutet: Academic years (2019-Currently).
- Bachelor of Biomedicine (Subjects: Biochemistry and Chemical Biology). Insulin project work, Lecture “Typical drug targets”, Enzymatic inhibition laboratory.
- Bachelor of Medicine (Subject: Physiology). Blood project and metabolism project works.
- Ph.D. Health Sciences with honors. Dissertation: “Effect of anti-inflammatory dendrimers on the pathogenesis of multiple sclerosis.” Committee: Profs. Maria Jesus Sanz Ferrando, Silvia Llorens Folgado and Joao Rodrigues. University of Castilla La-Mancha, Medicine School (Albacete, Spain), December 2019.
- Bachelor of Pharmacy. University of Castilla La-Mancha, Pharmacy School (Albacete, Spain), July 2015.
Academic honours, awards and prizes
- Karolinska Institutet foundation for Rheumatology Research. 2020-2021. 160000 kr.
- Ulla and Gustaf af Uggla Foundation. 2021-2022. 150000 kr.
- Åke Wiberg Stiftelse. 2021-2022. 200000 kr.
- Karolinska Institutet foundation for Rheumatology Research. 2021-2022. 200000 kr.
- Margarita Salas grant awarded. 2021-2023. Salary grant.