Senior research specialist
Working in the field of biological psychiatry for the last 9 years with the focus on brain development and affective disorders.
My current project aims to reveal the role of CYP2C19 enzyme in prenatal brain development, as well as its role in adulthood in affective disorders and metabolism of psychopharmaceuticals.
- 2011 - 2014 Ben Gurion University of the Negev - Teaching Assistant. Courses: Histology (basic), Cardiology, Endocrinology, Rheumatology, Hematology, Gastroenterology, and Respiratory system – Histology labs
- 2015 - Present Karolinska Institute - Teaching AssistantCourses: Pharmacology, Neuropsychopharmacology
- Supervised nine bachelor thesis research project students and one master student
- 2004 - 2010 MSc in Neuropharmacology. Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Belgrade, Serbia; Top 5% in 2004/2005 batch.
- 2010 - 2014 PhD in Neuroscience. Department of Physiology, Ben Gurion University, Israel. Supervisor: Claude Brodski
- 2014 - Present Postdoc. Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Karolinska Institute, Sweden. Supervisor: Magnus Ingelman-Sundberg
Academic honours, awards and prizes
- 2015-2017 Swedish Brain Foundation grant (2 years) – together with Magnus Ingelman-Sundberg (88 grants awarded to neuroscience research projects in Sweden); active until June 2017
- 2012 Israeli Ministry of Exterior Scholarship for top foreign graduate students in Israel (included three rounds of selection, 10 awarded out of unknown number of participants)
- 2010 - 2014 Serbian Ministry of Youth and Sports Scholarship for the best Serbian students abroad (4 years-About 500 scholarships awarded each year)
- 2009 Serbian Ministry of Youth and Sports Scholarship for 1000 best students in Serbia enrolled 2004/2005 (more than 30,000 enrolled)
- 2009 Awarded as a top finishing year pharmacy student in Serbia by Pharmacy Society in Belgrade -"Apoteka Beograd" award (10 awarded out of more than 600 applicable, ranked first)
- 2006 - 2008 Serbian Academy of Science Scholarship (3 years - 20 scholarships are awarded for the top students in Serbia each year)
- 2006 Belgrade Parliament Scholarship for the best students from Belgrade (100 awarded out of more than 10,000 applicable)
- 2005 Belgrade University Scholarship (All students with average mark over 85% are awarded)