Affiliated to research
My educational background is Computer Science and Genetics. I joined my current research group since September 2016 and registered as a PhD student on March 23th, 2017.
Research fields: Bioinformatics; RNA sequencing; Exome sequencing; Cancer omics
The title for my PhD study is "Improved statistical methodology for high-throughput omics data analysis". During my PhD study we aim to develop new methods to estimate isoform expression and detect fusion genes using RNA-Seq data. We then apply these methods to identify driver genes and drug response biomarkers within various cancers. My research also contains other bioinformatics topics such as integration analysis of high-throughput omics data and survival data analysis.
- Fusion Gene Detection Using Whole-Exome Sequencing Data in Cancer Patients. Frontiers in genetics, 2022
- Wenjiang Deng, Sarath Murugan, Johan Lindberg, Venkatesh Chellappa, Xia Shen, Yudi Pawitan, Trung Nghia Vu
- The transcriptome‐wide landscape of molecular subtype‐specific mRNA expression profiles in acute myeloid leukemia. American Journal of Hematology, 2021.
- Tian Mou, Yudi Pawitan, Matthias Stahl, Mattias Vesterlund, Wenjiang Deng, Rozbeh Jafari, Anna Bohlin, Albin Österroos, loannis Siavelis, Helena Bäckvall, Tom Erkers, Santeri Kiviluoto, Brinton Seashore‐Ludlow, Päivi Östling, Lukas M Orre, Olli Kallioniemi, Sören Lehmann, Janne Lehtiö, Vu Trung Nghia.
- Alternating EM algorithm for a bilinear model in isoform quantification from RNA-seq data. Bioinformatics, 2020.
- Wenjiang Deng, Tian Mou, Krishna R Kalari, Nifang Niu, Liewei Wang, Yudi Pawitan,Trung Nghia Vu.
- Reproducibility of Methods to Detect Differentially Expressed Genes from Single-Cell RNA Sequencing. Frontiers in genetics, 2020.
- Tian Mou, Wenjiang Deng, Fengyun Gu, Yudi Pawitan, Trung Nghia Vu.
- Accumulation of potential driver genes with genomic alterations predicts survival of high-risk neuroblastoma patients. Biology Direct, 2018.
- Chen Suo*, Wenjiang Deng*, Trung Nghia Vu, Mingrui Li, Leming Shi, Yudi Pawitan.
- A fast detection of fusion genes from paired-end RNA-seq data. BMC genomics, 2018
- Trung Nghia Vu, Wenjiang Deng, Quang Thinh Trac, Stefano Calza, Woochang Hwang, Yudi Pawitan
- Population structure and genome characterization of local pig breeds in Russia, Belorussia, Kazakhstan and Ukraine. Genetics Selection Evolution, 2016
- Aleksei Traspov*, Wenjiang Deng*, Olga Kostyunina, Jiuxiu Ji, Kirill Shatokhin, Sergey Lugovoy, Natalia Zinovieva, Bin Yang, Lusheng Huang
- Adaptation and possible ancient interspecies introgression in pigs identified by whole-genome sequencing. Nature Genetics, 2015
- Huashui Ai, Xiaodong Fang, Bin Yang, Zhiyong Huang, Hao Chen, Likai Mao, Feng Zhang, Lu Zhang, Leilei Cui, Weiming He, Jie Yang, Xiaoming Yao, Lisheng Zhou, Lijuan Han, Jing Li, Silong Sun, Xianhua Xie, Boxian Lai, Ying Su, Yao Lu, Hui Yang, Tao Huang, Wenjiang Deng, Rasmus Nielsen, Jun Ren, Lusheng Huang