I am an epidemiologist, with research interests within the field of cancer and diabetes. In MEB, I work as a post-doc researcher with Prof Kamila Czene, with my research focused on understanding the risk and prognosis of breast cancer associated with family history of cancer and other diseases.
Before moving to the field of cancer, my PhD research focused on disease burden, outcome predictors of diabetes-related complications, and the assessment of the cost-effectiveness of guideline-based care for patients to reduce the future burden. This project encompassed clinical science, epidemiology, statistics, and health economics. I like working with data, and am skilled in data linkage, cleaning, manipulation, analysis and visualisation. I had experience in building multiple model types, including survival models (semi-parametric, standard, flexible parametric survival models and post estimation predictions), Markov model and Discrete Event Simulation to answer cost-effectiveness questions, using statistical software including Stata, R, and TreeAge Pro.
- Zhang Y, Lazzarini PA, McPhail SM, van Netten JJ, Armstrong DG, Pacella RE. Global Disability Burdens of Diabetes-Related Lower-Extremity Complications in 1990 and 2016. Diabetes Care. 2020 May;43(5):964-974. doi: 10.2337/dc19-1614.
- Zhang Y, Cramb S, McPhail S, Pacella R, van Netten JJ, Cheng Q, Derhy P, Kinnear E, Lazzarini P. Factors associated with healing of diabetes-related foot ulcers: observations from a large prospective real-world cohort. Diabetes Care. 2021 July; 44(7): e1-e3. doi: 10.2337/dc20-3120
- Zhang Y, Cramb S, McPhail S, Pacella R, van Netten JJ, Cheng Q, Lazzarini P. Multiple factors predict shorter time to being ulcer-free in people with diabetes-related foot ulcers: a prospective cohort study. Diabetes Research and Clinical Practice. 2022 March; Mar;185:109239. doi: 10.1016/j.diabres.2022.109239.
- Zhang Y, Carter H, Lazzarini P, Cramb S, Pacella R, van Netten JJ, Cheng Q, McPhail S. Cost-effectiveness of guideline-based care provision for patients with diabetes-related foot ulcers: A modelled analysis using discrete-event simulation. Diabetic Medicine. 2022. (In Press on 29 Aug 2022)
- Zhang Y, van Netten J.J, Baba M, Cheng Q, Pacella R, McPhail S, Cramb S, Lazzarini PA. Diabetes-related foot disease in Australia: a systematic review of the prevalence and incidence of risk factors, disease and amputation in Australian populations. J Foot Ankle Res. 2021, 14(8).
- Cramb S, Golledge J, Zhang Y, Lazzarini PA. Re "Trends in Lower Extremity Amputation Incidence in European Union 15+ Countries 1990-2017". Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg. 2020 Oct 28:S1078-5884(20)30858-3. doi: 10.1016/j.ejvs.2020.09.013.
- Xu Z, Tong S, Cheng J, Zhang Y, Wang N, Zhang Y, Hayixibayi A, Hu W. Heatwaves, Hospitalizations for Alzheimer's disease, and Postdischarge Deaths: A Population-based Cohort Study. Environ Res. 2019 Nov;178:108714. doi: 10.1016/j.envres.2019.108714.
- Zhang Y, Cramb S, McPhail S, Pacella R, van Netten JJ, Cheng Q, Lazzarini P., Flexible parametric survival models investigating factors associated with diabetes-related foot ulcer time-to-healing, International Journal of Epidemiology, 2021 Sep; 50: Supplement_1, dyab168.753, https://doi.org/10.1093/ije/dyab168.753
- Zhang Y, Carter H, Lazzarini P, Cramb S, Pacella R, van Netten JJ, Cheng Q, McPhail S, Cost-effectiveness of guideline-based care for diabetes-related foot ulcers: using discrete event simulation in economic evaluation, International Journal of Epidemiology, 2021 Sep; 50: Supplement_1, dyab168.754, https://doi.org/10.1093/ije/dyab168.754
- Yawei Guo*, Yuqi Zhang*, Chuan-An Wu, Xiao-Na Yin, Jing-Yu Zhang, et. Al & Wei-Qing Chen (2021) Bidirectional associations between parenting styles and conduct problems in Chinese preschool children: the Shenzhen Longhua Child Cohort Study, Psychology, Health & Medicine. 2021 Nov, DOI: 10.1080/13548506.2021.1999994
- Zhang Y, Liu L, Sun D, Yin X, Chen Z, Cheng W et al. [Relationship between parenting styles and conduct problems in 3-year-old preschool children]. Chinese Journal of Neurological and Mental Diseases, 2017, 43(4):229-233.
PhD, Queensland University of Technology (QUT), Brisbane, Australia
Master of Medicine (Epidemiology and Biostatistics), Sun Yat-sen University (SYSU), Guangzhou, China
Bachelor of Medicine, Huazhong University of Science and Technology (HUST), Wuhan, China