Coordinator for US and EU applications at Grants Office.
With my background in medical research (Cardio-Metabolic diseases) and extensive administrative skills, I am supporting researchers applying to US and EU grants. I enjoy working together with the researcher to improve their applications, support them through the jungle of rules and regulations and try to find solutions to pave the way for a smooth project start when my colleagues at Grants Management Office take over.
In particular I am working with:
- Private US foundations
- the Innovative Medicines Initiative (IMI) program
- Horizon 2020 program Societal Challenges - SC1: Health, Demographic Change and Wellbeing
Building a network with administrative officers from other national and international Grants Offices is helpful for my own professional development, but will also lead to improve our service at Grants Office and will help to facilitate collaborations between universities.
Part of my work together with my colleagues is therefore to:
- Organize workshops and seminars to increase the knowledge about funding opportunities
- Contact person for Research Professional, an extensive online database of research-funding opportunities, which is free for KI students and employees
- Organize network events for researcher
- Participate in US and EU information and network events
PhD, Department of Medicine, Solna, Karolinska Institutet, 2014
Diplom (Ms) Biology (Cell and molecular biology, microbiology, toxicology), Christian-Albrechts-University of Kiel, Germany, 2006