Jhon Álvarez Ahlgren
- C7 Department of Learning, Informatics, Management and Ethics
- Division for Other Units
- as Affiliated to research
Currently, I work as Grants Manager for EU-funded research projects at the Grants Management Office.
I have a Master degree in Public Health in Disasters and Humanitarian settings. I practiced dentistry for more than 3 years in the public sector and have participated in more than 10 health outreaches to isolated and indigenous communities with limited access to care. I have worked with communities in the Andes mountains, the Amazon and other low-resource settings in Venezuela.
I worked for 3 years in a research implementation project funded by the European Commission - SMART2D.
In 2020 I served as a Research Consultant with the Ignorance Hunting Team at Gapminder Foundation.
- Guest lecturer in the Master Course in Public Health in Disasters during 2016 and 2017 at Oviedo University and Karolinska Institutet teaching about The global context of disaster response and the cluster approach.
- Guest lecturer in the elective cross-program course in Global Health at Karolinska Institutet since 2017 a session on Oral health - Global challenges and the SDGs.
- Guest lecturer and panelist in the 2020 course At war with the virus: Coping with COVID-19. An online multidisciplinary global health summer course organized jointly by the School of Health Sciences at Central Michigan University and Indiana University Richard M. Fairbanks School of Public Health, Department of Global Health in the USA. I contributed to this session by describing the unfolding of the COVID-19 pandemic in Venezuela, the health system response put in place and by sharing my insights about the challenges and lessons learned during the beginning of the outbreak from a public and global health perspective.
- Degree in Dental Sciences
- Master degree in Public Health in Disasters and Humanitarian settings