Affiliated to research
I'm in the last period of my doctoral education. My research focus on 3D nuclear architecture and circadian cycle. I'm currently the OnkPat student and safety student representative!
Our body is all the time subject to the daily phases of the nature, like the day and the night or the fasting and the feeding. Our body contains an internal clock, called circadian cycle, that is responsible to communicate and "synchronize" such alternations to our physiological activities. At cellular level, recent discoveries, showed how the cellular and molecular components of the circadian cycle are strictly interconnected with the 3D nuclear architecture. My research focus on understand the mechanisms behind this interconnection and the consequences of a deregulated circadian cycle or a broken 3D nuclear architecture in diseases such cancer.
My PhD Study Plan is entitled: The interplay between higher order chromatin structures and transcriptional regulation in development and disease
I'm involved in the majority of my group's projects
- Scholz, B.A., Sumida, N., de Lima, C.D.M. et al. WNT signaling and AHCTF1 promote oncogenic MYC expression through super-enhancer-mediated gene gating. Nat Genet 51, 1723–1731 (2019) doi:10.1038/s41588-019-0535-3
- Book chapter "A brief introduction to chromatin regulation and dynamics", Ilias Tzelepis, Mirco Martino, Anita Göndör, Chromatin regulation, and dynamics, Elsevier 2016 Nov. ISBN: 978-0-12-803395-1
- 2015/2018 Marie S. Curie Action Chromatin3D ITN ESR fellow (Horizon 2020)
- 2015 Training Period, funding by Erasmus Traineeship scholarship, in the Oxford Protein Production Facility-UK, University of Oxford, Oxford (United Kingdom)
- 2014 Master thesis research period, funding by Erasmus scholarship, in Portugal, University of Coimbra. Title: "Effect of bexarotene and Aβ in microglia and macrophage TREM2 expression and M1/M2 polarization"
- 2012/2014 Master Degree in Genetic Sciences and Technologies (Pharmaceutical, Veterinary and Medical biotechnologies); final mark:110/110 magna cum laude, University of Sannio, University of Bari, University of Naples Federico II, University of Foggia, BIOGEM Institute, Benevento, Bari, Naples, Foggia, Ariano Irpino (AV) (Italy)
- 2009/2012 Bachelor Degree in Biotechnologies; final mark: 107/110, University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, Modena (Italy)